Hitting Philosophies

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 24, 2011
The test is whether their ideas hold up to what video shows.

Most ideas fall apart with even the most cursory inspection.

It is harder because some stuff gets heavy into physics and physiology, but that's generally only 5% or so of the stuff.

The rest of the stuff is verifiable with a few videos.

Speaking of video , where is the best place to find video of the top collegiate / Olympic softball players? Also , the best way to see them in slow motion?

Oct 12, 2009
Speaking of video , where is the best place to find video of the top collegiate / Olympic softball players? Also , the best way to see them in slow motion?

The model swings thread on this site is a good place to start.

You can do a Save As on those clips, download them to your computer, and then open them with QuickTime to go through them frame by frame with the arrow keys on your keyboard (while the clip is paused).

Jul 25, 2011
Southern Illinois
That is an excellent question that I would like to know.
How do I find the video?
Once I have the video how do I get it to where I can study it?
I know that there are programs like right view pro that have models to look at. Very good players, but I am more intrigued by many current collegiate players.

Jan 24, 2011
That is an excellent question that I would like to know.
How do I find the video?
Once I have the video how do I get it to where I can study it?
I know that there are programs like right view pro that have models to look at. Very good players, but I am more intrigued by many current collegiate players.

Me too. I want to see how similar the top hitters in today's game really are.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2010
Candrea no longer teaches what is in that Sportskool video as far as I know.

He is fully in the Slaught RightView Pro camp. Along with Sue Enquist....as far as I know.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
One comment re professionally produced videos - they take time to film, edit, produce, market, distribute. Like textbooks, they may already be outdated by the time they are released for public consumption (and they keep selling them until they are all gone). In this day and age of quality video recorders (plug for my Kodak Playsport), Utube, and RVP, video clips are what you should be looking at - even better if its your own hitters! The model swings thread is the best I've come across. Oh, and its free, which is an important criteria to me!