Hitting out front

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 26, 2020
Only

Only the contact points are different, for example the second swing is a outside pitch,

He is not late on ether swing.
The difference is simple. The swing is Major league. Example 1 he's further out in front if the ball the second example he's further behind the ball

May 4, 2020
You ever hit a major league pitch? Better yet had a major league level at bat?
What does that have to do with the price of tea in communist China?
Hitting is a very simple quick powerful movement. People tend to make it more complicated than it is.
Once you have sound mechanics it boils down to 3 factors.
1) Balance
2)Timing
3) Pitch selection

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
The difference is simple. The swing is Major league. Example 1 he's further out in front if the ball the second example he's further behind the ball

What I really want to know is who likes the hand/barrel action out front, or who/what do you like about the swings.

Jun 26, 2020
What does that have to do with the price of tea in communist China?
Has a lot to do with it. You brain does not have the ability to see an outside pitch and make the necessary adjustments that your saying is happening. It's impossible.

Jun 26, 2020
What I really want to know is who likes the hand/barrel action out front, or who/what do you like about the swings.
Looks great to me. His direct deposit hitting his account on the first backs that up. If he were flawed he would be in farm ball

May 4, 2020
Has a lot to do with it. You brain does not have the ability to see an outside pitch and make the necessary adjustments that your saying is happening. It's impossible.
Just the outside pitch? Or any pitch?
I always hear watch/pick-up the spin which I could never do. Not sure it’s even possible with elite pitchers throwing serious heat.
I look for location. Not where the ball is but where it is going to be when it reaches the batter. Against elite pitchers you need to split the plate in two. Inside/Outside. Outside and low let it go, outside middle/high let it fly.
Being a lefty I like the ball middle-in/low-in. I’ll go after a middle-out, middle high pitch if I think I can barrel-it up.
Hitting more than anything in baseball is a ton of reps. Quality reps.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
I think he is a little early on both swings but he has great eye-hand and gets in done. Pitchers are going to adjust and throw him high and tight and try to jam him up. He will strike out a lot. This guy could be around for some time. ROY??? 18 HRs?

Jun 26, 2020
Just the outside pitch? Or any pitch?
I always hear watch/pick-up the spin which I could never do. Not sure it’s even possible with elite pitchers throwing serious heat.

Hitting more than anything in baseball is a ton of reps. Quality reps.
Quality reps are hard to come by. That's another story

You have the ability to subconsciously see the spin and location upon release from a pitcher, your brain will calculate to the best of it's ability, and put that bat where it thinks it will be. It's not easy. You do not have the time or ability to judge and make a correction. It's all instinct and reps. You've seen this before so I'm going to do this. I've had people challenge this theory and everyone loses.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi