Hitting Guru

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
First time ever playing with them. Pitched great! She plays as a 13 year old and pitched 13 innings in a HS showcase. Gave up 2 runs. Change, curve, drop, and rise all day. Struggles hitting because of inconsistency. Very strong for size.
Ok strange response to what I posted (you might as well have posted she has a 4.0 and beautiful teeth in response...) but 👍🏽👍🏽 for your kid and for you being the epitome of a “life gives you a lemon make lemonade” guy 🤣

Last edited:

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Chicken or egg?
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali

hahaha. Talking to me? Well basically the BP will get better quicker and the game swing can take some time. Much less of a stress level. Everyone is a bit different. There could be other things that aren’t correct as well. Not sure. There is no definitive answer unfortunately.

I have seen kids take adjustments and turn them into quality hits immediately and I’ve seen it take a week or two. Level of proprioception is usually the deciding factor. She’s a pitcher so it shouldn’t take too long. Or it could boil down to trying to impress which usually just turns into unnecessary stress.

Jan 28, 2017
First time ever playing with them. Pitched great! She plays as a 13 year old and pitched 13 innings in a HS showcase. Gave up 2 runs. Change, curve, drop, and rise all day. Struggles hitting because of inconsistency. Very strong for size.

Lol. He had never seen her hit before. Was crushing and started messing with her swing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nabbott