History.....

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
I watched the video. A few changes for sure. The swings look pretty amateurish and the short shorts without sliders seem tough. The catcher without shin guards did not look like much fun.

The Brakettes pitcher must of been a beast. I don't know of any pitcher that could go 25+ innings in one day, in August in Houston.

02Crush

Way past gone
Aug 28, 2011
The Crazy Train
This was awesome in many ways.... The man talking about how "Fast" the game was as opposed to baseball. The Reggie Jackson being struck out by the Brackettes pitcher. Kinda like the Jenny Finch of her day. The 90 mph pitching...lol.... And reported on 60 minutes none the less... Awesome indeed.

Jan 8, 2013
South Carolina
I am pretty sure one of the pitchers I see in the video for the Brakettes is Coach Barb Reinalda. She is the AC and pitching coach at Yale. My DD went to the Yale camp and she absolutely loves Coach Barb. I think the girl they interviewed in the video was the Brakettes primary pitcher and Coach Barb took over. This is from her Bio....she was a beast on the mound no doubt.

"As a player, Reinalda was one of the most successful pitchers in fast pitch softball history. She spent 19 years with the world-renowned Raybestos Brakettes and is the winningest pitcher in team history with a 441-31 record. During her career, she pitched 19 perfect games, 31 no-hitters, 76 one-hitters and 312 shutouts. In 1994, her final season with the team, she compiled a 14-0 record and a 0.38 ERA, while opposing hitters batted only .145 against her. She ended her career with 77 consecutive victories, a streak that spanned more than four years."

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WYOwiseguy