Hips or the Hands or both simultaneously(lets keep it simple)?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2016
Understood, so this is more about direction of the rotation, not if the torso engine is engaged. Torso engine would be engaged whether you are rotating horizontal(Stanton) or kind of vertical (Judge). Of course the degree of rotation depends on pitch location as well, but I am just referring to overall direction.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Contract the obliques after fyb.

bGwQFVw.gif

Some look at this and see the hips being rotated horizontally and causing the torso to become rotated.

Others look at this and see a torso movement that is not horizontal that is causing the hips to become rotated horizontally.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Understood, so this is more about direction of the rotation, not if the torso engine is engaged. Torso engine would be engaged whether you are rotating horizontal(Stanton) or kind of vertical (Judge). Of course the degree of rotation depends on pitch location as well, but I am just referring to overall direction.

I personally don't refer to a pure horizontal rotation of the torso as the "torso engine".

To me ... and to the hitters I work with ... it is about the movement, and not simply about which muscles that are activated in the movement.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Some look at this and see the hips being rotated horizontally and causing the torso to become rotated.

Others look at this and see a torso movement that is not horizontal that is causing the hips to become rotated horizontally.

Hips, being rotated horizontally here with a fused core and no contraction of the obliques.

OyFgaOG.gif

May 12, 2016
FYI ... I am only seeing one demonstration in TDS's recent post.

Initially there was link posted in TDS's post, I clicked and the demonstration showed everything rotating at the same time, there was a 2nd demonstration that showed the proper movement IMO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd