High School Softball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
Lots of confused people around here right about now. A freshman who has been the best player in our city for her age pretty much her whole life was put on JV. She's better than every player that plays the positions she plays and would likely be a top 3 bat on varsity. She knows she's good so maybe they are testing her somehow but it doesn't gets my hopes up for my DD next year.

It happens. No big deal. Hopefully the player doesn't get discouraged and uses the 'test' as motivation to kick but every time she takes the field. Hopefully she bats .700 with pop and has a .850 OBP.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
District game at 4pm today :)

70 degrees and sunny out here in South Florida so I may wear the long sleeves...

Jul 22, 2013
DD may be in the same boat...almost identical. Best player in our district by quite a distance and should be #3 or 4 hitter on varsity. Plays 6 out of 9 positions so is versatile. DD works her tail off and is very coachable and great teammate but based on what the coach has been telling her she may end up on JV which doesn't even play games that count in our district only scrimmages. There are girls on that team that have literally never put a glove on before. We find out today.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
One of my students was supposed to have a game tonight. Two days of snow took care of that.

ETA: The sad irony is this is the first snow we've had since mid-December. And just a couple of weeks ago I had all the windows open in the house, thinking Spring was going to come early.

I know what you mean, Ken. We were supposed to have a scrimmage yesterday but, 18 inches of snow stopped that in its tracks. We had no practice yesterday or today. Can't wait to be able to get outside and play some ball.

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
We ended up with a 10 seed out of 29 teams going into single elimination today. Went 2-1 and lost to the two seed, Tuscaloosa County HS in a 2-1 game. They are a quality team with great fans. Enjoyed talking to some of their dads today. DD had sac fly for our only RBI. We finished tied for fifth. Got some good reps in and ready for the start of our season, four district game next week.

Sep 11, 2014
Pa
Well, we were supposed to have a scrimmage last night, but 18" of snow canceled that. DD1 still have no idea what team she is on. Tryouts started last Monday (the 6th). Unfortunately DD was only at 1 day of tryouts due to a pre-scheduled vacation that was made when we had no idea when they season started and tryouts were. This is our first year in the school, moved from out of state. Anyway, DD has emailed coach, no reply as to what team she is on. This along with some other things has me not feeling so good about this upcoming season.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
We survived what I hope will be the coldest game of the year Tuesday night. Won our first area game 14-4 despite the first pitch being thrown when it was 40 degrees with a north wind. DD drove in 4 and scored twice so it was her best game so far this year.

Our state polls were released today and DD's team is ranked in the top 10 after the first 3 weeks of the season. Still a long way to go but it is nice to see them recognized for their effort so far.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
Just finished with homework (Chinese 2, Algebra 2 and Biology were killers tonight), so… figured I'd update. Our practices are going well. Were slowly getting ready to play our first game next Friday. Starters have been chosen for all positions except pitcher, catcher, first and third bases. Pitcher is down to three girls battling it out and the other positions is down to two. Ag catcher, its down to the girl with most travel ball experience and me. At batting practice, we did a little competition to who could get more hits… I won that 13-9 out of 25 pitches. I also did better in a throwing accuracy drill hitting 15 of 25 targets to her 12 of 25. She still beat in ball blocking though but I feel like I'm improving at the position. Coach would like to have all his starters selected by Monday or Tuesday. So, I guess I need to work harder if I'm hoping to get significant game time. Of course, he could choose my competition since she's a senior this year. Never understood why being a senior would gain her more starting time than a younger player with as much ability? Oh well, tomorrow is another practice.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32