High School Softball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
Just added up where DD's HS team has allowed 38 runs in 17 innings in league play. Not many errors. Several web gems in the outfield. Let's just say our pitchers aren't fooling anybody.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
Good luck softgabby. I'm sure you will do great.

Thank you for the good luck wishes, Nano. I would have replied sooner but I've been so tired after practice and have been swamped with after school stuff. The girls I'm competing against are both really good at their position and are both travel ball Catchers. I don't know where I'm standing in terms of starting, but...it seems I'm hitting a little more than the other two and the one is a little better in terms of blocking balls.

Feb 7, 2013
Just added up where DD's HS team has allowed 38 runs in 17 innings in league play. Not many errors. Several web gems in the outfield. Let's just say our pitchers aren't fooling anybody.

DD's JV team just completed their first 4 games of preseason, the run differential is 103-12 (20 innings) in their favor. Next week league play starts with a lot better competition.

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
So today DD got switched to another defensive position. I'm annoyed for reasons that I won't express because they're beside the point.

DD is fine with it. Doesn't care where she plays, really.

Isn't it funny how parents tell their kids stuff like, 'Don't worry about where you play, you're there to help the team in any way that the coach sees fit, be a team player,' yet it's the kids that often don't need that advice as much as the parents?

But I'm still here to tell you what just happened is stupid. I poker-faced it w/ DD. Only you guys know how I really feel about it. :)

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Something to think about. Who you pair up for drill work does matter. We have a couple of groups of 2 of hard chargers and tonight, they broke loose. It is fun to watch it but is just as much watching each of them root for their partner.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Did you get a discount on that salt you're rubbing into my wound? LOL

We don't need salt down here.... no ice or snow to clean off the road....

We have started well, but our 3rd base is done for at least 4 weeks which is going to cause a nasty ripple effect through the team. We have a strong first 10 but it drops off quickly and one of our bench players is also out so our bench is down to effectively 2 players (we play with a DP/FLEX)

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
We don't need salt down here.... no ice or snow to clean off the road....

We have started well, but our 3rd base is done for at least 4 weeks which is going to cause a nasty ripple effect through the team. We have a strong first 10 but it drops off quickly and one of our bench players is also out so our bench is down to effectively 2 players (we play with a DP/FLEX)

To add insult to injury, I finished tonight's practice in the rain. In doing so, I was hit with a line drive to the knee and then one to the head. The knee is swollen. The head? Well, it was my head and so no problem at all. The varsity went inside and got nailed with a ball to the toe. That one only stung some. 42 high tomorrow and rain. Snow on Saturday. Next week starting late in the week, we have forecast rain something like 6 days in a row.

Nov 25, 2012
USA
OK, so I won't complain about the rain considering we have been in the 80s most of the so called winter..... Frosh DD is on JV and Varsity and pitches both but our teams are not great.

One major difference that I never saw coming was wearing spikes everyday. Last summer DD was on a running kick everyday and a couple of weeks in developed a stress fracture on her tibia. Thought it was shin splints but ended up getting an MRI and it was a fracture.

Fast forward to this season and her other leg is starting to kill her the last several days. No running on pavement and just on the field. Coach told us she would get shin splints and fractures all the time in college and the metal cleats were the culprit along with not great running form which my DD is guilty of.

Anyway, she is working through it but it is the first time that she has her metal spikes on for 5-6 days straight and 2-3 hours a day.

Going to rotate from turf shoes to metals on and off and pitching in turf shoes tomorrow night in hopes it is a little easier on her. Who would have thunk it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcworthSoftballMom