Heroines

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
When you go to work, you are allowed to give your political opinions to your work colleagues, customers and anyone else that you come into contact with? That would have gotten me fired. My wife will be fired for doing this. She works in the finance business. People don't come to her place of work to hear her opinions nor to be offended if they disagree. There are plenty of places for a professional athlete to have an opinion and share it.

We are currently approaching 1,000 police officers injured on the job. This year, 27 have been killed on the job via firearms. To this point in the year over 65 have been killed on the job. In 2019 48 were killed on the job via firearms. 89 were killed on the job. In that same year, 9 unarmed Black people were killed by police. 19 unarmed White people were killed by the police. The FBI publishes the stats each year and those stats do not back up the claims of this movement. Again, this is stereotyping and without facts. Isn't it ironic that for so long people opposed stereotyping. Now, for a political agenda, against the police stereotyping is acceptable.

This is my last post on this topic.

Last edited:
May 12, 2016
Not inappropriate to voice opinion.
The time and place is inappropriate on the clock at work.
If there is not a seperation between where and when every issue will have to be allowed everywhere.
Having already refferenced the on the clock comment.
Its clear your agenda is not discuss this. You just want to rant.
Well I've been trying to have a discussion, but you avoid the tough questions. Now I am apparently ranting :). I guess it's only ok to have a discussion with you if I agree with you? :)

Are athletes being paid to stand during the NA? What about kissing the crucifix before an AB, pointing to heaven when crossing home plate, is that ok?

Mar 10, 2020
Well I've been trying to have a discussion, but you avoid the tough questions. Now I am apparently ranting :). I guess it's only ok to have a discussion with you if I agree with you? :)

Are athletes being paid to stand during the NA? What about kissing the crucifix before an AB, pointing to heaven when crossing home plate, is that ok?
Yes they are on the clock.
We are paying to watch sports.

May 12, 2016
When you go to work, you are allowed to give your political opinions to your work colleagues, customers and anyone else that you come into contact with? That would have gotten me fired. My wife will be fired for doing this. She works in the finance business. People don't come to her place of work to hear her opinions nor to be offended if they disagree. There are plenty of places for a professional athlete to have an opinion and share it.
So you believe those who take a knee during the NA should be fired because you didn't have the ability to express your political opinions in the office when working? There is an issue with your statement CB.. if I was in the office discussing politics and my own personal beliefs everyday then that would be a decrease in my productivity.. I wouldn't be doing my job. Taking a knee during the NA does not affect these players performance one bit. Are they arguing with fans during the game.. are they taking a knee when they should be making a tackle, catching a ball etc.. no?

BTW leaders of companies are starting to speak out during company town halls and meetings. Things are changing in the work place.. there are still appropriate avenues to do this.. for example I can't spend 20 minutes at the water cooler expressing my political views or discussing racial injustice, just like an athlete can't stop in the middle of a game...that would not be productive. I also can't start verbal warfare on my coworker because they do not believe in my opinion.

We are currently approaching 1,000 police officers injured on the job. This year, 27 have been killed on the job via firearms. To this point in the year over 65 have been killed on the job. In 2019 48 were killed on the job via firearms. 89 were killed on the job. In that same year, 9 unarmed Black people were killed by police. 19 unarmed White people were killed by the police. The FBI publishes the stats each year and those stats do not back up the claims of this movement. Again, this is stereotyping and without facts. Isn't it ironic that for so long people opposed stereotyping. Now, for a political agenda, against the police stereotyping is acceptable.

I absolutely disagree with police stereotyping.. they have a tough job and I appreciate what they do. At the same time racial inequality is a thing. Also you might want to compile several data sources before concluding your metrics

Thank goodness athletes are currently allowed to express their selves.. other wise we would not have moments like these. This was done on the field prior to a game.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2020
When you go to work, you are allowed to give your political opinions to your work colleagues, customers and anyone else that you come into contact with?

That would have gotten me fired. My wife will be fired for doing this. She works in the finance business. People don't come to her place of work to hear her opinions nor to be offended if they disagree. There are plenty of places for a professional athlete to have an opinion and share it.

@julray answer this question.

May 12, 2016
Yes they are on the clock.
We are paying to watch sports.
LOL.. so Mike Trout gets more $/year because he stands during the NA .. OK
So watch sports then.. I still watch sports, regardless if people stand or take a knee during the NA.. what are you watching?

May 29, 2015
I find it cute when “us normal people“ think athletes‘ and entertainers‘ jobs are just like ours. I paid to watch, so you need to dance little monkey!

Kind of like the people who pull out the “my taxes pay your salary” on public servants who aren’t giving them the exception to the rule that they want for themselves.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2020
LOL.. so Mike Trout gets more $/year because he stands during the NA .. OK
So watch sports then.. I still watch sports, regardless if people stand or take a knee during the NA.. what are you watching?
I do not want to pay to listen to political garbage of any kind. This is not a one instance agenda.
Still you avoid the question does your work allow you to have political conversations ?

Mar 10, 2020
I find it cute when “us normal people“ think athletes‘ and entertainers‘ jobs are just like ours. I paid to watch, so you need to dance little monkey!

Kind of like the people you pull out the “my taxes pay your salary” on public servants who aren’t giving them the exception to the rule that they want for themselves.
They are paid employee's using a team platform of others who may dissagree.
What topics are on or off the table. On and on it goes.
I don't want to hear about peoples issues at work or paying to see sports or entertainment.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ourLadGloves