Heroines

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 21, 2008
This was posted on another forum today. The poster posts on this other site a lot and is seems to be pretty well informed about things. His/her dislike for Ken Eriksen is written about in almost every post they make. But it's an interesting perspective on this "team"..... who conveniently cancelled their season ONE DAY after releasing their "clothing line" for sale. Anyway, I did not write this but found it interesting:

Team “This is Us”

While promoting themselves as “Social Justice Warriors” after being enraged by someone like @TheConnieMay using their “Likeness” as they stood for the flag (in a public place, where anyone could have snapped the same picture), have now QUIT playing, yet again – BUT not before they took other peoples money in the form of donations. This is Them – and it’s disgusting”

These whiners (not winners), who also happen to be the same players selected to represent the USA Softball in the upcoming Olympic games in Japan – A YEAR FROM NOW, had Kenny “the NCAA coaching failure” Eriksen speak for them (because they, themselves are cowards) and tell an organization he has no involvement in, that “he doesn’t want his USA players to play anymore games”. This is Them – and it’s disgusting”

Osterman, Munroe, and Flippin were the first to have their bags packed and headed to the airport, of course this is all under the pretense of ‘Health and Safety” concerns, and we are supposed to believe that their poor performances and lack luster results in these games – had nothing to do with them, covertly calling Kenny Eriksen and begging him to call the organization to bail them out with this manufactured excuse. “This is Them – and it’s disgusting”

These women are an embarrassment to those who cherish the sport and would give anything to step on the field, just one more time. This is the “everyone got a trophy” culture” that cares only about themselves, and their social media presence. It’s not about competing for the love of competing, promoting and building the sport -to them, its about “what can I get out of it?” and “if it’s not enough or I don’t get my way, I’ll pack my stuff and go home”

So, my question is; now that they themselves cut their own season short, does any of them, feel any obligation to dig into their own bank accounts and payback those who have donated to “This is Us” team, so they could play the entire season? How about replaying those sponsors who went out of their way to make sure they had uniforms and necessary gear on a moment’s notice, after they QUIT their first team (Scrapyard)? How about the fans who “thought” they were going to see a “professional” softball game? We all know the answer to this; of course, they won’t, because they don’t care.

I predict this is what you’ll be hearing from them, and their social media mouthpieces in forms like this and elsewhere; “We were concerned for Covid”, although NO players from either team have tested positive (and yes, the entire Pride team was tested). It's just another excuse, just like Connie's tweet was an excuse. They are weak women who have no grit, pride or sense of obligation - yet we'll see them soon wearing USA Jerseys. This is Them – and it’s disgusting”

It’s not about Covid or Connie May, it never was - it’s the result of whiny, self-important morons who care more about themselves than those who create, build, support, finance post college softball programs – so actual players who love the game, could continue after their college careers are over. This is Them – and it’s disgusting”

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Damn, the person who posted that seems like a misguided douchenozzle.
I for one appreciate "their" honesty, just wish they would have signed it! Had I written that, you can be sure I would have signed it, pretty much a limp move on the writers part!

The whole thing was wayyy overblown, but what isn't right now?

Mar 14, 2017
Michigan
The person is either an idiot or a liar.

"after being enraged by someone like @TheConnieMay using their “Likeness” as they stood for the flag (in a public place, where anyone could have snapped the same picture), have now QUIT playing"

They can't possibly be dumb enough to think the players are mad that their picture was taken and tweeted. If they were that damn dumb I doubt they could use a computer, so I have to assume that are deliberately trying to distort the truth, albeit very poorly if they though anyone was going to believe that was what angered the players.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
The person is either an idiot or a liar.

"after being enraged by someone like @TheConnieMay using their “Likeness” as they stood for the flag (in a public place, where anyone could have snapped the same picture), have now QUIT playing"

They can't possibly be dumb enough to think the players are mad that their picture was taken and tweeted. If they were that damn dumb I doubt they could use a computer, so I have to assume that are deliberately trying to distort the truth, albeit very poorly if they though anyone was going to believe that was what angered the players.

You obviously have seen enough social media; some of the posts have been way worse than this. The hate and rage is so very deep in so many people. I am not sure why.

May 20, 2016
Regardless, i don't think it's good to questions someones health concerns while you are not in the situation. Someone on the team wants to write something like that? I get it, and respect it. A keyboard warrior doing it, not so much.

May 29, 2015
You obviously have seen enough social media; some of the posts have been way worse than this. The hate and rage is so very deep in so many people. I am not sure why.

Social media platforms. I am making it a personal goal to get people to quit calling that junk "media". If we can do that, it might start to make people realize that the things they read there are angry people screaming into the ether, not news/reporting in an informational and professional sense.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
re.todd22