Heroines

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2016
You have no idea why I am bowing out.. and just so you know you are speaking for others right now, you just spoke for me. Who are you to decide what’s appropriate? Is it appropriate for a hitter to kiss a the crucifix on their necklace before an AB. Are tattoos with self expression ok? What about when a player crosses home plate and points to heaven because they just lost a loved one.. is that ok? These are all examples of self expression. When we see somebody or a group kneeling during the NA, I am pretty sure that it goes way beyond “individual” issues.

This is a softball forum, I got involved In this discussion because of the BS statements that players are not doing their job because they take a knee during the NA.. I’m stepping away because I don’t care to discuss politics

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2020
You have no idea why I am bowing out.. and just so you know you are speaking for others right now, you just spoke for me. Who are you to decide what’s appropriate? Is it appropriate for a hitter to kiss a the crucifix on their necklace before an AB. Are tattoos with self expression ok? What about when a player crosses home plate and points to heaven because they just lost a loved one.. is that ok? These are all examples of self expression. When we see somebody or a group kneeling during the NA, I am pretty sure that it goes way beyond “individual” issues.

This is a softball forum, I got involved In this discussion because of the BS statements that players are not doing their job because they kneeling during the NA.. I’m stepping away because I don’t care to discuss politics
Thats what you previously made clear. Its about politics for you. I acknowledged You are talking about politics. Thats why you are bowing out.
I didnt speak for anyone but myself in saying its not about politics for me.
My opinion is just as valid as your political reason.

May 12, 2016
Thats what you previously made clear. Its about politics for you. I acknowledged You are talking about politics. Thats why you are bowing out.
I didnt speak for anyone but myself in saying its not about politics for me.
My opinion is just as valid as your political reason.
What is my political reason here?

Mar 10, 2020
Is the national anthem part of sports? What do you think the significance of the NA before a sports event is? Do they play the NA each morning before you go to work? I guess they should stop playing the NA before sporting events ... and what these athletes are stating is hardly an “Individual” issue.. get your head out of the sand people. If it really bothers you that much, I suggest entering the arena, ball park, stadium after the anthem, then you can enjoy what you paid for. I know such an inconvenience seeing those athletes kneeling for what they believe in... all 1.5 minutes of it. At least we know what the real issues are.

Injustice time out? Do they stop in the middle of the game to make a statement? No, I didn’t realize standing during the NA was part of their job description???
The worst part of your opinion is not allowing others to have theirs.
You are on rant explaining your point of view.
Never criticized you for you view.
Already explained to you those topics do not interest me as they do you.

May 12, 2016
The worst part of your opinion is not allowing others to have theirs.
You are on rant explaining your point of view.
Never criticized you for you view.
Already explained to you those topics do not interest me as they do you.
We’ve come full circle... professional athletes not allowed to have an opinion? Why is it inappropriate?

Feb 7, 2014
... professional athletes not allowed to have an opinion? Why is it inappropriate?

It's not...

We don't live in a vacuum, nor are our sports played in one. Every individual should have the right to voice their opinion no matter their occupation, race, gender, citizenship...

Just my opinion.

Mar 10, 2020
We’ve come full circle... professional athletes not allowed to have an opinion? Why is it inappropriate?
Not inappropriate to voice opinion.
The time and place is inappropriate on the clock at work.
If there is not a seperation between where and when every issue will have to be allowed everywhere.
Having already refferenced the on the clock comment.
Its clear your agenda is not discuss this. You just want to rant.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06