Heroines

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Lets take it one step beyond employment.

Do you think your social media habits could prevent your dd from being recruited to her dream school?
Absolutely!! Have seen this sink an opportunity for more than a few players. There is no recruiting upside for social media participation. It can only hurt you.

Dec 11, 2010
Analysis of the data. In depth in the book vs. analysis that is a sentence long. As in a headline.

We are living a nightmare with this stuff. It hurts all of us Americans. We are taking it personally. Our hearts are heavy with this stuff.

This is our “family fight.” I don’t agree with all my brothers and sisters all the time but we all agree that if someone from outside the family sticks their nose where it doesn’t belong, we’ll all take a break from our bickering to band together and fix that. At least I hope so.

I don’t know how this discussion got here.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
I work for a very large company. We now have a diversity officer, have had anti-racism webinars, we participate in online training to uncover unperceived biases, and have these topics discussed in quarterly state-of-the company calls by our CEO and other top company officers, etc. If you want to call that 'politics' I think you are missing the point. It's about fairness and a good work environment and encouraging these values in society at large, and even if you want to be more 'corporate-minded' it's about risk management and corporate culture. I haven't heard one word about politics or candidates or parties in any of what my company has done (to be clear, specific topics that tend to be more changed like BLM or policing reform have NOT come up either). My point is: you CAN talk about what some would call 'social justice' issues (diversity, inclusion, biases, pay equity, etc) -- in the workplace or just in general -- without injecting those discussions with partisan politics. In fact, IMO it would be a huge step forward if we could do just that.
Sounds like a special level of corporate hell. Glad I left such nonsense many years ago.

Mar 28, 2014
Oh, the irony of “you need to stand for the National Anthem and quit using your right to free speech.”
Oversimplify much? The point is, they can make their "statement" in a manner that doesn't offend millions of people.

Speaking of irony. Lets tear down statues because they are offensive to me but I'm going to offend millions by kneeling during the NA. "I don't like being offended but don;t mind offending others". That's some irony right there. Or more precisely, it HYPOCRISY, which is par for the course with many.

May 12, 2016
Analysis of the data. In depth in the book vs. analysis that is a sentence long. As in a headline.

We are living a nightmare with this stuff. It hurts all of us Americans. We are taking it personally. Our hearts are heavy with this stuff.

This is our “family fight.” I don’t agree with all my brothers and sisters all the time but we all agree that if someone from outside the family sticks their nose where it doesn’t belong, we’ll all take a break from our bickering to band together and fix that. At least I hope so.

I don’t know how this discussion got here.
I've joked with some people on here about being from Canada.. joked with pattar etc all in jest and good fun. This is the first time I've been told by another board member to hold my tongue because I'm from Canada. We have our racial issues here as well and we've also supported out American brothers and sisters with theirs. Ironic what we are talking about here.. and I'm being told because I am Canadian I have no right to take part in this discussion, I'm sticking my nose in, I'm from outside the family..

Mar 28, 2014
The book, Julray. It’s in the book. Detailed analysis, not news headlines.

I recently heard an interview with your fellow Canadian Fergie Jenkins. It was heartbreaking as an American to hear that he did not experience racism until he came to the U.S. to play baseball. It disgusts me.

Now... I have been to Canada and I have trained side by side with one of the greatest law enforcement agencies in the world in the little town of Regina on ”the bald assed prairie” as they termed it. Y’all got a nice little thing going up there but it isn’t what we have. Maybe you are one of the many with dual citizenship but as far as I’m concerned, you can mind your own business. We got this.
Wait a second. We have a freaking Canadian lecturing United States citizens what they should or shouldn't be thinking about athletes kneeling to OUR national anthem? Ha ha ha, get out of here with that stuff.

Mar 28, 2014
I've joked with some people on here about being from Canada.. joked with pattar etc all in jest and good fun. This is the first time I've been told by another board member to hold my tongue because I'm from Canada. We have our racial issues here as well and we've also supported out American brothers and sisters with theirs. Ironic what we are talking about here.. and I'm being told because I am Canadian I have no right to take part in this discussion, I'm sticking my nose in, I'm from outside the family..
thought you were leaving this discussion? Twice now! lol........

May 12, 2016
thought you were leaving this discussion? Twice now! lol........
Your ignorance keeps me coming on back..
Wait a second. We have a freaking Canadian lecturing United States citizens what they should or shouldn't be thinking about athletes kneeling to OUR national anthem? Ha ha ha, get out of here with that stuff.
The world exists outside the US.. which NA is playing is irrelevant. For example we have Canadian athletes playing in the US, we have Canadian teams playing in the US. We have Canadian and US athletes taking a knee to the Canadian NA. Yet every athlete performs the same when the game starts. There are racial issues, we all know that.. are you going to start discriminating against me because I'm Canadian? We've all been affected by these issues.. it's not contained in one border.

Mar 28, 2014
Your ignorance keeps me coming on back..

The world exists outside the US.. which NA is playing is irrelevant. For example we have Canadian athletes playing in the US, we have Canadian teams playing in the US. We have Canadian and US athletes taking a knee to the Canadian NA. Yet every athlete performs the same when the game starts. There are racial issues, we all know that.. are you going to start discriminating against me because I'm Canadian? We've all been touched by these issues.. it's not contained in one border
Oh so you're the expert on USA racial issues now? What racial issues are there? Provide evidence and context please.

May 12, 2016
Oh so you're the expert on USA racial issues now? What racial issues are there? Provide evidence and context please.
racial issues mate, not just USA racial issues.. these issues are trans-border that's why I called you ignorant. Please don't PM me again. I'm definitely no expert, always learning, always listening

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
br_pickoff