Heroines

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2016
My comments are very generalized to all sports, not one specific incident. I'm confused, they are paid to play ball right? Are they paid to kneel or stand-up during the national anthem? I doubt that's in the contract. How does players actions during the national anthem affect the game? It doesn't. So purely from a sports fans perspective.. and I mean just from somebody who's there to watch a ball get hit 400 feet +, what damn difference does it make if a player wants to make a statement prior to the first pitch, first whistle etc?

Jun 8, 2016
So purely from a sports fans perspective.. and I mean just from somebody who's there to watch a ball get hit 400 feet +, what damn difference does it make if a player wants to make a statement prior to the first pitch, first whistle etc?
(y)

Mar 28, 2014
My comments are very generalized to all sports, not one specific incident. I'm confused, they are paid to play ball right? Are they paid to kneel or stand-up during the national anthem? I doubt that's in the contract. How does players actions during the national anthem affect the game? It doesn't. So purely from a sports fans perspective.. and I mean just from somebody who's there to watch a ball get hit 400 feet +, what damn difference does it make if a player wants to make a statement prior to the first pitch, first whistle etc?
Oversimplification IMO. Things people do and say matter to others.

May 12, 2016
Oversimplification IMO. Things people do and say matter to others.
Gotta live your life, for example, maybe what you just said matters to me or affects me in someway or hundreds of other people reading this thread. Did it stop you from posting it? No. Again what I said above is from a pure sports fan perspective... based on what some others are saying about "it's their job, just shut up and play the game". Well these athletes performance is not being affected by taking a knee during the NA. They are still doing their job..

Stepping back from the game itself for a minute, IMO these players have a right to speak, just like others have a right to close their eyes and ears and let life just happen.

Mar 10, 2020
Its mixes an element that is not part of sports. People are there for the sport not to spend money for individual issues. My work wont let us stop working whenever we need an injustice timeout.
Time and place is relevant when on the clock.

May 12, 2016
Its mixes an element that is not part of sports. People are there for the sport not to spend money for individual issues. My work wont let us stop working whenever we need an injustice timeout.
Time and place is relevant when on the clock.
Is the national anthem part of sports? What do you think the significance of the NA before a sports event is? Do they play the NA each morning before you go to work? I guess they should stop playing the NA before sporting events ... and what these athletes are stating is hardly an “Individual” issue.. get your head out of the sand people. If it really bothers you that much, I suggest entering the arena, ball park, stadium after the anthem, then you can enjoy what you paid for. I know such an inconvenience seeing those athletes kneeling for what they believe in... all 1.5 minutes of it. At least we know what the real issues are.

Injustice time out? Do they stop in the middle of the game to make a statement? No, I didn’t realize standing during the NA was part of their job description???

Last edited:

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Do you see the NA as politics? Is it political to take pride in your country? I am offended when the truth is that this action is condoning stereotyping. I find it offensive for so many other reason. This is a free country and life is about choices. You will all make your choices and I will make the choice to never support these athletes again. I will do the same with all sports.

Mar 10, 2020
Is the national anthem part of sports? What do you think the significance of the NA before a sports event is? Do they play the NA each morning before you go to work? I guess they should stop playing the NA before sporting events ... and what these athletes are stating is hardly an “Individual” issue.. get your head out of the sand people. If it really bothers you that much, I suggest entering the arena, ball park, stadium after the anthem, then you can enjoy what you paid for. I know such an inconvenience seeing those athletes kneeling for what they believe in... all 1.5 minutes of it. At least we know what the real issues are
Offered a reason why people dont want issues mixed with sports. For me any issue.
Your standpoint seems to be wanting the platform to voice issues.

May 12, 2016
Offered a reason why people dont want issues mixed with sports. For me any issue.
Your standpoint seems to be wanting the platform to voice issues.
Are athletes paid to stand during the national anthem? How does kneeing during the anthem affect the entertainment that follows? Are athletes underperforming because of it

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00