help with tees

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 19, 2009
I'm right here.
Thanks TJ.... made one this weekend....

2d4778bb-1195-4a49-be02-23481f2cca58_zpsd311eb08.jpg

SWEET! That looks nice. What length piping did you decide on?

Jun 18, 2010
SWEET! That looks nice. What length piping did you decide on?

Hi TJ, I went with the 18", they had some standard pieces already cut at Lowes, 12", 18" and 24". I went with the 18" and purchased a 6" extension and coupler, but I am not sure I'll even need those. I have an old weight set and a 5lb plate fits perfectly around the base if you need it for stability.

May 31, 2012
I went with the custom short tanner top. And bought pipe in 2",6",12", and 18". Also bought 2 couplings. An go from 15" up to 43 " plus .

May 30, 2014
Thinking about buying a custom short tanner tee. It says it can go as low as 15" but I also would like a tee that would go chest high. 40 plus inches. Do I need to buy 2 tees or is there a cheaper way. Thanks

Tanner Tees has the T-Extension offered on its website Baseball Batting Tees - Softball Hitting Tee - TANNER BASEBALL PRODUCTS.
It fits onto any tanner tee since 2009 tee. You could buy the short tee and add the extension, so you would have range with the extension from 30-42inches and without it the same as the short tee 20-32inches.

May 30, 2014
That's a nice tee TJ, never understood Tanner selling a *separate* low tee. We all could use low tees, but your solution is so much better not just cost but convenience of not having to carry around another tee.

My Tanner tees have lasted now three seasons with no degradation at all. I hope Tanner is listening, I'd buy a low tee add-on "pipe" to their standard tee AT THE SAME PRICE that they sell an entirely separate low tee.

Tanner Tees is listening. First, thank you for your business. We are glad the tees have lasted three seasons. That's a goal of our business and one of things we feel distinguishes our tees from others, even those hand crafted by you savvy builders on this thread. Saying that, the T-Extension is available on the site. Check it out. Not sure if that is what you are saying, but it essentially turns the Tanner Tee Short 20-32IN into a tee that has the same training range as the Tanner Tee Standard 26-43IN. The T-Extension is 10 inches. It's been on site for almost a year.

Oct 19, 2009
I'm right here.
Tanner Tees is listening.

Hi...and thank you for listening and checking in.

First I want to say your Tees are the best on the market....the absolute best (IMO). And the cost for the full tee is actually pretty competitive (especially considering what you get) and not too onerous when you look at the big picture.

With that said....I hope you are not upset that we "built our own" using your top. You need to realize and be sensitive to the fact that many of us on this forum and within the "softball hallway" will (and do) absolutely everything they can for their daughters. That is a fact, and the sole motivation we are even on this forum. And many us can and will find the TIME to do it ALL...but financially it can be tough. And (I think I speak for many of us) if we can find a means to reach our goal more economically, we will....and we share that with each other.

Enter Tanner Tee. The best Tee on the market (IMO). One can buy the Tee for $70...or buy the top and build one for $35+/-. Giving us the opportunity to do the latter is a blessing; and we thank you for that option! You don't realize what it means to me (and probably many others) to be able to put a "Tanner Tee Top" in front of our Daughters at 1/2 the price with a little sweat and elbow grease. Your Tees and T-Top are the best...so to have one makes us special. And many of us want one!

Supporting our kids with TIME is easy...financially it can be tough though and many times the finances limited. I hope you (as a Tanner Tee rep) understand and appreciate how grateful we are that you sell the bits and pieces separately. You have an amazing product and I actually know a fella that bought three Tanner Tees; which is great and I'm happy for him. But some of us need that financial break and a way to reach our goal more economically; which makes buying the Tanner Tee Top attractive.

Through this thread we have been able to share some ideas on how to use the Tanner Tee Top to help our daughters; so by default you (Tanner Tee) have become part of our family. You're part of our formula and solution.... and one of the faces we now pass in the "softball hallway".

Thank you for the great design and product you offer. I hope you continue to be sensitive and sympathetic to our needs by helping us reach the goals of helping our daughters the best we can by continuing with your great service and Tanner Tee Top options.

Thanks again,

TJ

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877