help with tees

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 31, 2012
Thinking about buying a custom short tanner tee. It says it can go as low as 15" but I also would like a tee that would go chest high. 40 plus inches. Do I need to buy 2 tees or is there a cheaper way. Thanks

May 31, 2012
I know but that just doesn't look great. I can't have the neighbors thinking I'm a hack

Oct 19, 2009
I'm right here.
You can get away cheap by just buying the Tanner T-top for $25. Then buy a piece of 3/4" black nipple steel piping, a floor flange and a piece of 8"x8" stock to complete the Tee.

You're looking for a very short Tee and a High Tee. My suggestion...buy a standard top and a shorty top.

You can use the shorty top solely for a short Tee.

The standard Tee can be used as is with a section 18" pipe, or combined with an extension pipe & coupling for a high Tee. Honestly, you can use whatever length of steel piping you desire customized to your whatever height you desire.

The attached pictures show the standard Tee I built....an extension section w/coupling...and both of them put together.

Edit: Total Cost for what's shown in the pics...$35+/-

WP_20140507_001.jpgWP_20140507_002.jpgWP_20140507_004.jpg

Sep 17, 2009
That's a nice tee TJ, never understood Tanner selling a *separate* low tee. We all could use low tees, but your solution is so much better not just cost but convenience of not having to carry around another tee.

My Tanner tees have lasted now three seasons with no degradation at all. I hope Tanner is listening, I'd buy a low tee add-on "pipe" to their standard tee AT THE SAME PRICE that they sell an entirely separate low tee.

Apr 1, 2010
We have a Tanner low tee. (I bought it when DD was young and small.) When I told DH that I wanted to go get a taller regular Tanner tee, he took a look at the one we had and said, "No, I can fix this one for you." Like TJ, he bought a piece of extension pipe and a pipe-to-pipe coupling. We usually keep the extra section in place all the time now, but we can remove it and go back to the shorty easily. The Tanner tee design is very robust and easy to modify.

I'd really still like to have a second one, for 2-tee drills and the like. Perhaps I could buy the topper and ask DH to add building the rest to his honey do list. :-D

Last edited:
May 31, 2012
What size pipe and how would the tanner top be connected.

Never mind. Just reread to post.

Apr 17, 2012
Wi
TJ-
how does the tanner tee top attach to the pipe? Does it come with the coupling shown or is that something you added to hold the tanner in the pipe?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcworthSoftballMom