Help with swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Perhaps I'll put together a description at some point.

For now, understand that the party does not begin with the top-hand yanking backwards to arc the barrel ... that action comes more from the bottom-hand ... with considerable assistance of a healthy core usage ... inclusive of the lateral tilt action we've been discussing.

I think Justin Stone has a pretty good explanation of how the barrel gets turned. Do you agree?

Dec 4, 2013
Perhaps I'll put together a description at some point.

For now, understand that the party does not begin with the top-hand yanking backwards to arc the barrel ... that action comes more from the bottom-hand ... with considerable assistance of a healthy core usage ... inclusive of the lateral tilt action we've been discussing.

And the way that you have discovered can match video of the high level swing? That's the ultimate question isn't it?

I'm not a guy who just follows blindly. I'm going to try it myself, video it, review it, and come to a conclusion. I'd be more than happy to pick up a bat a trying something new.........I think if everyone did this their learning process would be expedited.....

Dec 4, 2013
I think Justin Stone has a pretty good explanation of how the barrel gets turned. Do you agree?

yoyAu4Z.gif

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Spartans,

His explanation was in that video that you GIF ed. Not sure how to word that :). Basically resisting with the upper as the lower opens with the core in sequence gets you barrel turn. ( yes I was loose with my wording because this forum can really make you watch what and how you say something).I think his swing wasn't great. Remember he teaches . He doesn't play.

Agree with Mr. Stone ?

FFS , I would like to know your opinion sir.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Spartans,

His explanation was in that video that you GIF ed. Not sure how to word that :). Basically resisting with the upper as the lower opens with the core in sequence gets you barrel turn. ( yes I was loose with my wording because this forum can really make you watch what and how you say something).I think his swing wasn't great. Remember he teaches . He doesn't play.

Agree with Mr. Stone ?

FFS , I would like to know your opinion sir.

Dec 4, 2013
Sorry about that... Fat Fingers. Lol.

LOL.....What you said about his explanation makes sense but seems incomplete. Its definitely a part of barrel turn, but I feel like kids could do the things you described and still screw up the barrel turn. Make sense?

As for his swing, he looks pretty young and athletic. Shouldn't he be able to duplicate what he teaches? Or maybe he is duplicating what he teaches and his swing is what he teaches!

Before listening to someone I like to make sure he can match what I am looking for, or he can produce players who can match. Seems like there are not too many people who fit that criteria! JMHO

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
And the way that you have discovered can match video of the high level swing? That's the ultimate question isn't it?

I'm not a guy who just follows blindly. I'm going to try it myself, video it, review it, and come to a conclusion. I'd be more than happy to pick up a bat a trying something new.........I think if everyone did this their learning process would be expedited.....

I expect nothing less.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish