Help with swing, 15YO

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

R

RayR

Wanted to also post this as part of our drills.

It's a reverse top hand swing training the hitter to turn the barrel deep....first time trying it. The set up forces the barrel turn into the load - away from the second basemen - so when she starts applying a SnF load into her swing this barrel turn will tie in...

Rose2-23-13RTH_zps35004713.gif
Rose2-23-13RTHa_zps50ebd8f6.gif

Compared to this ill advised way with the big push

BadRTH_zps93066a09.gif

Jul 20, 2010
red hot coach,

If I asked you this,
Do you have a problem with stretch and fire?

Would answer like this,,, "with stretch and fire, or the stretch and fire drill"?,,

OR

(Let's just pretend) that you have a problem with the drill itself wouldn't you be the type that would say,,, I don't have a problem with the theory / reality of stretch and fire, where I struggle is with the drill itself,,,,and I stuggle with it.....because of "x, y, z". You strike me as that kind of poster.

Let's go one step further,,,would be the kind that would end up;
Playing games, using riddles, questions on top of questions, questions to answer questions, to avoid answering. All because you came here to announce you have an e-book coming out and you want posters to have curiosity about it, so you purposely are evasive? You don't strike me as that kind of poster.

Just curious.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
red hot coach,

If I asked you this,
Do you have a problem with stretch and fire?

Would answer like this,,, "with stretch and fire, or the stretch and fire drill"?,,

OR

(Let's just pretend) that you have a problem with the drill itself wouldn't you be the type that would say,,, I don't have a problem with the theory / reality of stretch and fire, where I struggle is with the drill itself,,,,and I stuggle with it.....because of "x, y, z". You strike me as that kind of poster.

Let's go one step further,,,would be the kind that would end up;
Playing games, using riddles, questions on top of questions, questions to answer questions, to avoid answering. All because you came here to announce you have an e-book coming out and you want posters to have curiosity about it, so you purposely are evasive? You don't strike me as that kind of poster.

Just curious.

I am not sure what you are getting at, but me, my daughter, and my son all did the snf drill this morning. I love it for feeling the snf engine. Now all of us transitioned a little at a time the snf drill to a normal swing. As we got toward a normal swing it was not as easy to get a snf, so that is why we do the drill...to build the feel and build a habit.

If you are thinking that I should not put Tewks on the spot...I have tiptoed around and tried to snuff out anyone else putting him on the spot, so in turn he turned it into being about me. I have said that I am a truth seeker and will gladly be wrong to learn, so some straight answers would be great.

Feb 16, 2010
Nashua, NH
Stretch and fire....The drill itself I have continually (my non expert thoughts on it) have said several times "it is just a drill".

It isn't just a drill. If you learn to swing like that, you develop you power source from that setup... then you are supposed to change the setup and maintain the power source? Same goes for the one legged drills where the hitter remains one legged.

In my experience, I've found SnF isn't a beneficial term to use with players. Especially if they learn SnF as staying over the back leg and try to duplicate that feel in their load, trying to clamp and fuse and getting everything tight...

Question - Can you perform the SnF drill correctly with the entire pelvis inside the rear foot? Per instructions, you have to be over the rear leg and coil around, right?

More - What happens to swing direction when "rear hip pivot point" is stationary in the SnF drill or one-legged drills? Of course, if you simply want suddenness, direction doesn't matter much. (As long as you launch oppo and tilt right?)

Also, this isn't a 1 leg vs 2 leg argument.

Loren, should I not post anymore? Have I ever posted in a different style, sir?

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
It isn't just a drill. If you learn to swing like that, you develop you power source from that setup... then you are supposed to change the setup and maintain the power source? Same goes for the one legged drills where the hitter remains one legged.

In my experience, I've found SnF isn't a beneficial term to use with players. Especially if they learn SnF as staying over the back leg and try to duplicate that feel in their load, trying to clamp and fuse and getting everything tight...

Question - Can you perform the SnF drill correctly with the entire pelvis inside the rear foot? Per instructions, you have to be over the rear leg and coil around, right?

More - What happens to swing direction when "rear hip pivot point" is stationary in the SnF drill or one-legged drills? Of course, if you simply want suddenness, direction doesn't matter much. (As long as you launch oppo and tilt right?)

Also, this isn't a 1 leg vs 2 leg argument.

Loren, should I not post anymore? Have I ever posted in a different style, sir?

Great thank you. I will experiment with it.

Jul 20, 2010
I am not sure what you are getting at, but me, my daughter, and my son all did the snf drill this morning. I love it for feeling the snf engine. Now all of us transitioned a little at a time the snf drill to a normal swing. As we got toward a normal swing it was not as easy to get a snf, so that is why we do the drill...to build the feel and build a habit.

If you are thinking that I should not put Tewks on the spot...I have tiptoed around and tried to snuff out anyone else putting him on the spot, so in turn he turned it into being about me. I have said that I am a truth seeker and will gladly be wrong to learn, so some straight answers would be great.

My point was I believe you'd provide an answer, not tip toe.

Jan 13, 2012

Are you implying that swing direction is equally as important (or more important) than suddenness?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rosie