Help with coach issue, please?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 19, 2011
I have an 8yo DD. There is no way she would want to play that many games in a weekend, every weekend. Yes this coach sounds like a jerk, but you may have to go talk to him. I wasn't crazy about the coach's on my 8U team, but until I started asking questions about why they were doing things and addressing my concerns, things didn't get better.

And as for the sleepover thing - My oldest DD is 12. I also have the 8 yo, a 5 yo DS, and a 14 month old. My baby was out at a tournament at a week old. it was March, cold and rainy, but we were all there. That is part of the family commitment to playing in tournaments. I have let my 12 yo go to tournaments without me, but my 8 yo doesn't even go to her rec games with out a parent (or her older sister) in attendance.

I'm really not sure what you were trying to get at with this post? My dd got to try out the tournaments in the fall and decided she wanted to commit to a full spring season because SHE loved it. We did not make this decision for her, she definitely wanted it. My daughter is driven to the tournaments by my best friend of 6 years. She attended the birth of my last 2 children and her dd is my dd's best friend in the whole world and also on the team. Needless to say, I trust her very much. But I meet them all there around lunch time depending on the game times. We are committed (which is why we didn't quit 3 months ago) , but she is not our only child. If there is a way around having my little ones at the ball field ALL day, I am going to do it. It is very difficult to breastfeed and change diapers at a tournament, but I still come out for at least half of the games to support her. And I do not feel like I am neglecting my other kids by keeping them out at a dirty ball field in crazy weather conditions. Our coach had us at the first tournament of the year in February and 2 cold and rainy march tourneys. Not fun with little ones, but we stuck it out.

Msdinosaur, we found that dvd on a another site and ordered it last night. I wish we lived up north so we could send her to that camp! This morning my dd asked me to see if I could track the package yet...she can't wait to get started! I'll let you know how it goes!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Char4eyes