Has anyone use WINreality?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Thanks, I'm not so sure that my DD's would have a lot of time to work with it at this point but was curious. I know someone who has the headset and a few other games on it and it is kinda fun....how much fun and how often fun I'm just not sure..

Oct 12, 2020
We have it for a little longer. It's progressed in the past year (more possible batted ball outcomes and other updates) so they are definitely trying to develop it. If you have the oculus already I'd check it out, but especially with the bat attachment.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
So far I've used it more than DD. And I use it almost exclusively for the pitch recognition drills.

We have the bat sensor now, so we will have DD try it more this winter and see how it goes.

Side note: The MLB homerun game is pretty fun. I have a sneaking suspicion that the bat sensor will get used more for that than WINReality.

Oct 12, 2020
So far I've used it more than DD. And I use it almost exclusively for the pitch recognition drills.

We have the bat sensor now, so we will have DD try it more this winter and see how it goes.

Side note: The MLB homerun game is pretty fun. I have a sneaking suspicion that the bat sensor will get used more for that than WINRealiy.
I hadn't heard about that. I know what I'm buying today!

Oct 1, 2014
USA
I hadn't heard about that. I know what I'm buying today!
Did you get one? I picked up an Oculus for the family for Xmas, it came bundled with a couple games and I've added a couple other demos (the VR meditation app, Tripp is pretty cool). The folks at Win Reality have been absolutely awesome to work with so far. The bat attachments were delayed and they went above and beyond to make it right for us. Both DD's have been using the app everyday (initially just to see more pitches before the bat attachment arrived and now with it taking full cuts. Takes a few times getting used to setting it up but nothing too difficult. They each have a training session this week with an ex college/pro player/coach to go through some of the more advanced features and drills. The Pitch Recognition drills are exactly what we were looking for. Their college season starts in a couple months...we'll see if it translates!

Jan 28, 2017
Did you get one? I picked up an Oculus for the family for Xmas, it came bundled with a couple games and I've added a couple other demos (the VR meditation app, Tripp is pretty cool). The folks at Win Reality have been absolutely awesome to work with so far. The bat attachments were delayed and they went above and beyond to make it right for us. Both DD's have been using the app everyday (initially just to see more pitches before the bat attachment arrived and now with it taking full cuts. Takes a few times getting used to setting it up but nothing too difficult. They each have a training session this week with an ex college/pro player/coach to go through some of the more advanced features and drills. The Pitch Recognition drills are exactly what we were looking for. Their college season starts in a couple months...we'll see if it translates!
My DD is 16 and a social butterfly. My son is 13 and non social. LOL. My son has me dodging bats night and day. DD has used it maybe 5 minutes.

Nov 18, 2022

We had win briefly and did not use it but my DD got a game called drunken bar fight- I get more joy in watching people play it as they fumble around trying to fight!!! Even funnier is if you are playing and you pick up a drink in the game and drink it your vision gets bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 12, 2020
Yes, we've had the bat attachment for a while. Like you, it was delayed and they did right by me. It was hr derby that I was going to buy, but I saw in reviews that it didn't take much of the swing into account. I still might get it just for the different ball parks.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Update - both DD's have been using it regularly and are really liking the Pitch Recognition drills. They have gotten too know one of the WR fastpitch coaches and that has streamlined their experience and shortened parts of the learning curve with both the Oculus and the WR app. They have used other pitch recognition software in the past (their team had GameSense during Covid) and they say this is far better. They decided to purchase a better headstrap/battery system with their own $$ (so they are invested in using it). There's no way to tell if it will translate into better decision making during actual games/live pitching...we'll see, time will tell.

On a side note, some of the non-softball apps that you can access with the Oculus VR are really pretty cool!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06