Happy Fathers Day!!!! What are your plans today??

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 27, 2019
Lakewood CA.
Oldest DD is in Bakersfield with DW for a SB tournament, I’m headed to San Juan Capistrano for a soccer tournament. Korean BBQ for dinner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Watching the final round of the U.S. Open. It’s my absolute favorite tournament and love that it ends on Father’s Day!
Me too! I'll be installing baseboards while I watch. My glutes are very sore. I think I did 200 squats yesterday. Measure, cut, damn too long, cut again, Geez still too long, cut again, Gahhh!!! Too short!! Caulk will hide that. Nail, Nail, Nail, Nail, Caulk, Caulk, tape, tape, tape, paint, pain, splatter, clean up, paint, paint. Done...wait I have the rest of the house. I enjoy it, but I hate doing it.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
Spent all weekend with DD and team. 90+ degrees, wind, and infields the facility didn’t spray down. 7 games later we took 5th place. Despite the placement the team played better than we expected. Stayed with top teams when others couldn’t. Some of our lesser skilled girls stepped up when our top started running out of gas.

DD has been playing full time since March. This was our last tournament before shutting it down for a few weeks. She was basically held together with tape, ib profin, and bio freeze (I’m being over dramatic. But she was beat up). Now time to rest and reset before tryouts and Fall.

Got home by 5p. Showered and went out to dinner. Not sure who is more ready for a few weekends of downtime…..me, DD, or DW.

Happy Father’s Day to everyone.

May 6, 2015
left fields much earlier and dissappointed than expected :( DDs team lost first game sunday (2-1 sat) for the first time in a while (to a team they beat on Sat pretty handily). oh well, learning weekend, but they did hang with one of the top ranked teams in our state sat, up by 1 in bottom of last inning, 2 outs, 2 on . . .. oppositions big hitter hits a 3 run bomb to win. HC said it was his fault for calling two screws in a row. really thought they had it, would have dramatically changed seeding (only 1 team went 3-0 on Sat, so we would have been at least #2 seed).

so we grabbed bbq takeout to go to inlaws since we had time so DW could see her Dad, then went to pool and had a few beers while shooting the ^&#$.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
My plan was to be on a softball field for most of the day, but Maddie's team got eliminated from their PGF qualifier on Saturday after losing back-to-back extra inning games. I think this was the first time in 8 years I haven't been on a softball field for Father's Day. Sunday morning, I went for a bike ride with some good friends, took care of some bike maintenance issues while Maddie and the DW slept in until about noon-ish. Latter in the day, I BBQ'd some ribs, had a wonderful dinner and conversation (no phones for over an hour!) on our patio with the DW and my two DDs, continued the ongoing Rummy battle with Maddie, and had a relaxing evening with my DW and a nice bottle of wine. It was a pretty enjoyable day, actually. That said, I wish we have been on a softball field.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06