Hands working down

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
nice observations. I think the hands w this particular player is ‘no drag’ centric. So it’s really pushy and oppo centric. One extreme to another. there is no rotation whatsoever. Her torso get to about 45 degrees relative to her starting point. Should be about 80 degrees or maybe more. Trying to create deceleration by handcuffing the body isn’t what I think as productive. decel should be learned by TurNing things off (sequence) when needed or by maintaining angles and balance when needed.

the Bonds chop drill creates this imo. The torso and hips will have a chance to position and stabilize naturally and decel so the hands can extend when needed. It’s a natural motion. it’s a no teach if the goal is known. Watch Jrs. body sequence naturally.

View attachment 23547

the reverse top hand is an ok drill for a opposite handed hitter/thrower imo. But not dominant single handers. Whatever works. TEHO
I read another post about the opposite handed dominant hitter / thrower. interesting concept. I am a RHthrower and have done both left and right hitting. And depending on the point in my career (haha, career of slow pitch old man beer softball) either would work well. I have tried to help DD doing everything right handed now, so it will be interesting for me to understand this when i show on the left hand side (easier to show a RHH when you can mirror then left handed.)

Jul 17, 2012
She's REALLY struggling to change. This is where we got today. Her quote " You can tell I'm being held against my will".

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Oct 2, 2017
She's REALLY struggling to change. This is where we got today. Her quote " You can tell I'm being held against my will".

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Call me real simplictic, but before changing a bunch of things, give her a goal of not trying elevate the ball, but to try and hit the ball on the ground and see how she adjust. Hence get on top of the ball.

May 12, 2016
Looks like a dead end to me. Her hands/bat aren’t moving as the elbow lowers. To much arm action. You can see the hands trying to work late around contact.
I just wanted to know what she's being instructed to do, what's the goal?

May 12, 2016
Call me real simplictic, but before changing a bunch of things, give her a goal of not trying elevate the ball, but to try and hit the ball on the ground and see how she adjust. Hence get on top of the ball.
Completely agree, that swing looks so completely different than the original, I feel she's being asked to do too much at once

Jul 17, 2012
Completely agree, that swing looks so completely different than the original, I feel she's being asked to do too much at once
Honestly, the only thing she’s trying to adjust is getting her right hip through and not let her hands go down by her belly button on a belt high pitch. She’s now completely disconnected and pushy with her hands.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi