Hands working down

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 17, 2012
Anyone able to offer advice on that hand path? Hope that video posts. Not sure how this works. Been a long time since I've been on here.Screenshot_20210809-211827_Gallery.jpg

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Back elbow gets stuck, hands roll early. Looks like you are getting jammed. Perhaps to much circular hand path or swinging rotational and needs to learn how to be out from.

Here is a inside pitch hitting inside the ball. Swings out from.

4C8D8B8C-F2BF-47E9-89C6-7CB08B56462F.gif

Jul 17, 2012
Back elbow gets stuck, hands roll early. Looks like you are getting jammed. Perhaps to much circular hand path or swinging rotational and needs to learn how to be out from.

View attachment 23505Re

View attachment 23505
Any recommendations for a queue/drill to free up that back elbow without creating a drag situation? Still working on the wrist roll. It’s improved from where it was.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Any recommendations for a queue/drill to free up that back elbow without creating a drag situation? Still working on the wrist roll. It’s improved from where it was.

You start by hitting the outside pitch, out from. Seager is doing it with a pitch on top of him. Watch his hands/arms through contact. They don’t get stuck and powered by rotation.

Keep asking questions. We all learn from questions.

Sep 19, 2018
I am no expert but it looks to me like the tee is either too far inside or not out in front far enough.

Jul 17, 2012
I would also like to know, what are you trying to load in your load.🤪
Load focus is on keeping hands back through heel plant and being pulled by the back hip… problem there is the back hip starts, but then stalls. We are working on it. As the post is titled, my biggest concern is where her hands go at launch. If there are remedies that tie together, share for sure. It’s getting frustrating for both of us. The swing out from queue may work. We’ll see.

Jul 17, 2012
You start by hitting the outside pitch, out from. Seager is doing it with a pitch on top of him. Watch his hands/arms through contact. They don’t get stuck and powered by rotation.

Keep asking questions. We all learn from questions.
I’m terrified to do this for fear of going from too tight, to too loose and casting. I’m guessing it needs to be a really strong focus on hitting the ball at 7:00 for a righty to make sure she stays inside the pitch? 12:00 being pitcher and 6:00 being catcher for clarity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802