Guess I'll start an off-topic thread?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Saw the Crowes at a huge outdoor concert in Louisville back in 2010, they were really, really good. Same show had Steve Miller Band, 38 Special, Dwight Yoakam, Zach Brown Band and ended the night with Dave Mattews. Best concert ever, for me at least.
Now that sounds like a great night of music! DMB end the night with "All Along The Watchtower?"

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
@CoreSoftball20, what do you think about the Arenado trade to the Cardinals! Sucks for the Cubs! :giggle:

honestly, I am getting a little tired of athletes being able to gripe, whine and demand trades the past few years.
These guys are paid huge dollars that 99.9% of the world would never see, and yet they think they can demand
a trade no matter what the contract they signed. I think Arenado is a great player...congrats to the Cards for making the
deal. I have no problem with the deal or trades when orgs need to move people if they are rebuilding.

My problem is the recent trend of, "oh, im not happy, I want to be traded or im not playing to my potential and im
going to be a clubhouse cancer". This Watson guy from the Texans is a prime example. Oh geez, the owner didn't talk
to you about his hires first...wtf does that have anything to do with you? You are paid damn well to play QB...do you job and shut up.
Now the team that drafted, signed and paid you very well, you are hamstringing them with threats because you werent
talked to before the OWNER hired HIS EMPLOYEES...he is the owner!!! If you want to make decisions, buy a franchise like Jeter bought
into. Now he can make decisions for a team. Sick of it. Be damn grateful you live in a country that you can play a sport and make
hundreds of millions of dollars and live like .0001% of people can live like. No, now players think they are owners too and want
a say in ownership hires...and if they don't get it, they can become problems and not play to the contract they signed.

Jun 6, 2018
now players think they are owners too and want
a say in ownership hires...and if they don't get it, they can become problems and not play to the contract they signed.
[/QUOTE]

core I agree up to a point and here is something to give some perspective tothe other side.

first off, a smart owner that has a franchise quarterback should at least reach out and talk to his player to get input at the beginning of the process. He can do what he wants but make the gesture And buy goodwill with your star player. And I say that because if I am an owner, a smart one at that, I realize I am paying this guy big money because he is earning me even bigger money. Also, bigger picture now is the owner not reaching out and letting his star player know his input is valued makes it one where you now have screwed up the situation so badly that you have to trade him or accept a cantankerous locker room where the team will never be able to succeed.

Dec 5, 2017
Now that sounds like a great night of music! DMB end the night with "All Along The Watchtower?"
Unfortunately by the time they took the stage I had consumed entirely too many adult beverages, temps were mid 90’s all day, and I don’t recall much about their set.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I dont agree one bit Guru (i get what point you are trying to make, just not my opinion and never will be mine)...not the players team...maybe owners should have a team meeting with all 50+ players before doing anything with HIS/HER TEAM to get their ok now. Wait, no...only sit down with one guy from the team because he is more important than every other player because the team has to hire who HE likes and who HE wants and approves of. QBs already pretty much get a QB coach they want. When does it stop.

Oh, and why is Watson any better than the linemen that let him make his 40M per year by keeping his azz off the turf or the RB who can take pressure off of him. Because he is a primadonna...he should be asked before an owner makes decisions on his own team. And we all know, if he doesnt hire who he wants, he is gonna whine and pout anyway and want out. Sorry not into kissing azz of some player that you have already agreed to pay 30-40M per year...you have shown him you value him already and he signed a contract to play...do your job. Love how now people want to blame an owner and not the player
for ruining the team...just because the owner is hiring people to work in HIS org. Thats the country now, being a primadonna crybaby is appreciated and looked
upon with respect.

Sorry, I hope he meets a fast running LB that lights him up on whatever team trades for him. I will root
against him the rest of his career and hope he wins nothing.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2010
iPad/IPhone hack:

When you want to put your cursor somewhere to fix spelling or insert a word, hold down the space bar and when the keyboard goes gray you can slide the cursor anywhere. Your screen becomes a trackpad.

Where has this been all my life.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Soooo, on that topic...my phone just all of a sudden stopped getting texts and calls Saturday night around 6. Went to Verizon and
found out they shut down 3G in my area. So the old slide phone with keyboard is gone and I hate it.
I kinda knew it was coming...when I go to TN I lose all access down there because that area lost 3g.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
iPad/IPhone hack:

When you want to put your cursor somewhere to fix spelling or insert a word, hold down the space bar and when the keyboard goes gray you can slide the cursor anywhere. Your screen becomes a trackpad.

Where has this been all my life.

Have no idea what this means, but glad you found something you can use :)

Dec 11, 2010
Ha ha! Yeah, it made sense to me when I typed it!

You’ll need this

Y’know, when you go out and get your new iPhone to replace your flip phone! iPhone is best for old people such as us, lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad