Guess I'll start an off-topic thread?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
And down this Spotify rabbit hole we go today...........
And to the young folks here.....this is how live music is done!! The Black Crowes really did their homework here, easy to see how Chris Robinson could be intimidated replacing Robert Plant's voice, AND standing next to Jimmy Page! I think he killed it!! The fans that night got a once in a lifetime treat!

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
Atlanta Braves!! ;) (y)

I'll be the first to admit...the Braves have gotten a lot better this offseason. I'm not fired up right now to see the Phillies play. I mean, yeah, we got a couple of minor arms for the bullpen and our big move so far was resign Realmuto for 5 years and 115.5 mil. But we don't look a whole lot different than we did last year. I think we'll finish in the NL East basement at this rate.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Signing Didi was big...we had a huge problem if we didn't sign him to ss. Offense I believe will be def decent.

Starters we are thin still...Nola and Wheeler are good...but Eflin hasn't proved anything and cant go deep into games. He isn't
a number 3. And we have again, 4 and 5 starters that we have depended on for years and they have proven they cant
get the job done...like Vasquez. Good stuff..but hasn't done anything in years. People think he would be a good closer. Well, get
another starter so we can move this guy where maybe he can help us instead of being a 4 inning starter. And im not sold
on Spencer either. velocity just isn't there.

My biggest problem again is lack of talent in the bullpen. They refuse to sign people there. They let Hand sign elsewhere for a 1 year
deal for 10.5M...like seriously. We resign Neris to 5M and he is a complete POS. Hand would have given us a talented closer and not
costing too much and not having to go many years at all. But yet we keep signing journeymen or guys that have been hurt. They did the same thing last year...so many 1 year deals for relievers trying to build their market up again last year, and we did nothing. Not saying the arms we got wont help, but nobody we got has any track record or has done anything good in the majors.

Have to remember, the team last year would have fought for the best record in baseball if the bullpen was remotely decent.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2017
And to the young folks here.....this is how live music is done!! The Black Crowes really did their homework here, easy to see how Chris Robinson could be intimidated replacing Robert Plant's voice, AND standing next to Jimmy Page! I think he killed it!! The fans that night got a once in a lifetime treat!
Saw the Crowes at a huge outdoor concert in Louisville back in 2010, they were really, really good. Same show had Steve Miller Band, 38 Special, Dwight Yoakam, Zach Brown Band and ended the night with Dave Mattews. Best concert ever, for me at least.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad