GotBustos Clinic

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 25, 2011
Southern Illinois
I am looking into hosting a GotBustos clinic in our area. Does anyone have any experience with these clinics. I am looking for overall thoughts about the clinic, what athletes have paid to attend, and any suggestions people who have hosted similar clinics might have.
I neither own a facility or coach a team. I am not looking to make money, just break even, provide a quality event, and see the sport my dd(and myself) loves. We live in a rural area that rarely get's events like this.
However, we did have an NPF exhibition in our areathis past summer. They had a clinic and it was packed. SIU is near here and there summer camps fill up also. So I think this could be successfull.
I plan to email the organizations in our area to inda gauge what kind of interest there might be. I definately don't wanna lose money but wanna make it as cheap as possible.

Mar 25, 2011
I know she is coming to Colorado in the spring. One of the local teams is hosting a clinic. Looks like two sessions 3 hours long each. I think they are mirrors of each other, and are running $85/session. Looks like a 60 player limit per session. They also are doing a dinner at $20 / ticket. I am struggling with whether or not to take my daughter. As much as I would like to attend, I feel as if this website is providing so much feedback on swings, that to go to a group setting, well, would just feel paltry. As much as this site promotes and discusses rotational hitting, grips, and the foundation of a swing, well...not having 1 on 1 would just feel wrong. The other clinics I have gone to have been good, as I have met local instructors that helped get us on track, but I don't believe that this will be the case with this clinic.

Jun 24, 2009
I know she is coming to Colorado in the spring. One of the local teams is hosting a clinic. Looks like two sessions 3 hours long each. I think they are mirrors of each other, and are running $85/session. Looks like a 60 player limit per session. They also are doing a dinner at $20 / ticket. I am struggling with whether or not to take my daughter. As much as I would like to attend, I feel as if this website is providing so much feedback on swings, that to go to a group setting, well, would just feel paltry. As much as this site promotes and discusses rotational hitting, grips, and the foundation of a swing, well...not having 1 on 1 would just feel wrong. The other clinics I have gone to have been good, as I have met local instructors that helped get us on track, but I don't believe that this will be the case with this clinic.
DD and I went to a Bustos clinic last month. It was the best clinic we have ever attended. She worked with every girl there.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
Go to her web page GotBustos.com E mail her manager and she will help you answer all these questions. I have worked with her at many clinics over the years and parents, kids, coaches all come away with a different understanding of how to teach and work with kids.

Jul 25, 2011
Southern Illinois
Go to her web page GotBustos.com E mail her manager and she will help you answer all these questions. I have worked with her at many clinics over the years and parents, kids, coaches all come away with a different understanding of how to teach and work with kids.
I have been emailing with her manager. I just wanted to get a feel for what some others thought about her clinics and maybe some tips. I am also curious as to what others are charging for these clinics. I am not interested in making a profit off of this and want to make it as cheap as possible.

Nov 5, 2009
St. Louis MO
We attended one of her clinics in Southern Missouri. It was fabulous. Her hitting coach, Howard Carrier was a frequent contributor to this forum. My daughter had previously been solely a rotational hitter. Howard and Crystl sparked her interest in combining linear and rotational. It worked out well for her. With the 60 player limit, every girl got attention from Howard and Crystl. The clinic we went to also charged $40 for each parent staying to watch. They also encouraged questions and notes from the parents. I was taking notes from the back of the room. Howard came and moved me to the front so I was sure to hear everything. It was well worth every penny we spent on the trip. This forum is wonderful. Following the advice on here can help your DD mechanics tremendously, but there is no substitute for the enthusiasm Howard and Crystl instill in the attendees.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I have looked for an opportunity to go to one of these, as I communicate with Howard frequently. I have looked at the cruise and their last clinic in Hawaii. I will get to one, in 2012, I hope, and maybe take some players with me.

If you want to be the best, learn from the best.

Apr 25, 2010
Having Crystl and Howard do a clinic is worth it's weight in gold. Howard is all about the kids. He will spend his time emailing and talking with anybody about how to make their dd better. You don't find many people like that anymore. He's a gem.

Jun 24, 2009
I am looking into hosting a GotBustos clinic in our area. Does anyone have any experience with these clinics. I am looking for overall thoughts about the clinic, what athletes have paid to attend, and any suggestions people who have hosted similar clinics might have.
I neither own a facility or coach a team. I am not looking to make money, just break even, provide a quality event, and see the sport my dd(and myself) loves. We live in a rural area that rarely get's events like this.
However, we did have an NPF exhibition in our areathis past summer. They had a clinic and it was packed. SIU is near here and there summer camps fill up also. So I think this could be successfull.
I plan to email the organizations in our area to inda gauge what kind of interest there might be. I definately don't wanna lose money but wanna make it as cheap as possible.
$40.00 and worth the 3 1/2 hour drive to get there!

Feb 26, 2010
Crazyville IL

Funny you should ask that. I was just poking around to see where Crystl and Howard were going to be during the off season to see if DD and I could get to one or two. So far what I've found that somewhat close to your area.

New Lenox clinic in the south chicago burbs. Crystl Bustos Hitting & Coaches Clinics at The Power Plant, New Lenox IL -Register now. | Active.com

Kokomo Indiana clinic
September 19, 2011

Three time Olympic Medalist Crystl Bustos and her hitting instructor Howard Carrier will be comming to Kokomo on January 15th. There will be a coach's clinic as well as a hitting clinic, followed by an autograph session! The two hour coach's clinic will cost $25. The three hour hitting clinic will cost $40. Times and location to be determined.

Evangel Uni in Springfield MO also has a clinic on the books in January but I can't find any info on web for it.

If you get something lined up in the Carbondale area give me a holler. Definitely in my travel radius to hit a clinic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mizenikki1