Got to watch a 10U TB for the first time ever.....

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 10, 2010
A, A
and I was amazed. My daughter didn't start TB till 12U, so I missed out on the younger years. The little 3rd baseman looked like she was about 6. She was so cute....but she certainly knew what to do. The pitching was pretty good too.

If anyone on here was in the Battle Creek Michigan tournament this past weekend and a parent of the SWAT 10U from Indiana......great job on winning the tournament in your division.

I really enjoyed watching you kids play.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Experience may vary:

DD plays on a 12U Rec. Team, it is called a B Travel Team.

A Player signs up and pays the fees they are on a Team. Even at 12 you have players that have never played softball before. Runners on 1st and 2nd ball hit to LF, she decided to get the batter out a 1st. Start of the year you just throw the ball to 1st, no confidence that the fielder will be covering their base. Pitching is a big step down, too many walks. At least on our Team players play a lot of different positions, work on pitching outside of practice you will get some time in the circle. Individually they are all OK, just need some practice and seasoning.

TB Teams can control the players on their Team. If they want a new player or 2 great but usually the Players have an idea of what they are doing. Good Teams will keep most their Roster together so the Players trust each other. Positions are more defined. Working on pitching outside of practice is great, show me you have something and you might get some time in the circle. You need to earn your positions and play well to keep it.

IDK, could go on and on. The are all just girls, TB is more refined. Same game and goals as Rec.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texas Red