GoPro/LynkSpyder

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 26, 2015
It could be a deterrent from irate coaches, too. Stick the base at the scorer table or behind the backstop and then when they start to blow a lid, bring the lily up over the backstop and bring it just 18 inches above the commotion.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Mar 9, 2015
Have a GoPro hero 4 silver with the Lynkspyder setup. Two issues..

1) settings were 1080/60fps nonsuperview and battery did not last for the entire 75 minute game. Also my 64GB card was close to full might not make a full 7 inning game. Any suggestions to reduce battery usage.

2) I have an external battery but the clear case for the GoPro doesn't have an access slot to plug in. Any suggestions??

Thanks

Apr 12, 2016

1) settings were 1080/60fps nonsuperview and battery did not last for the entire 75 minute game. Also my 64GB card was close to full might not make a full 7 inning game. Any suggestions to reduce battery usage.

2) I have an external battery but the clear case for the GoPro doesn't have an access slot to plug in. Any suggestions??

Thanks

I purchased a 3rd party case with openings for our external battery.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B011QJMNUS?psc=1

Jul 10, 2014
C-bus Ohio

Thanks

I use 720P/60 Medium and my 32GB card will hold about 2:15, covers 7 innings pretty easily. The battery will die before the card fills up.

I bought an aluminum skeleton case for my 4 Silver on eBay for like $15. Unfortunately, the 4 crapped out on me this season so I sent it back for a replacement. Instead of buying another case for my Hero 2, I just used my Dremel to cut a hole in the case to plug in the battery pack.

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
I use 1080/30 because my iPad won't view the 1080/60. I get about 2:15 per SD card on this setting. My battery might last 40 min with out the back up so its hard to get one game with out the external battery. It really helps to have that and a skeleton case. I bought a case on Amazon for around $20 shipped. The go pro Skelton was $50 at Best Buy.

I have also started stopping between each half inning and that saves a lot of memory and allows me to switch between med and narrow views. I use narrow when we bat and med when we are on D. Also helps break the game up better than just the Random spots before. I typically can get 2 complete 75 min games on one card.

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri

Thanks

You are correct on the internal battery. It will not last an entire game, in most cases. An external battery is required. Either via the USB port using the skeleton case (which has side port openings), or using the battery eliminator cable, plugged into the 30 pin port on the rear of the camera. If you go this route, you will have to remove the small flap of plastic that covers this 30 pin port. A rotary tool works best, but you can score the plastic with a razor blade and break off with pliers.

When the Hero 4 Silver is set to 1080p/60, you should have capacity on a 64GB card for 4 hours and 20 minutes. If you don't, it is possible that you have ProTune enabled. ProTune is a GoPro version of raw video. This stores more information needed for color correct and other post production needs. But it stores extra data and really isn't needed in most cases, and requires entirely too much work for each game, in my opinion.

May 10, 2013
USA
I use the 1080/30 option, have a 64gb card, and an external battery. I can record 3-4 games on the card, and the battery will run forever, it has never even been pushed, losing only 1 bar for the weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChippyNole