GoPro/LynkSpyder

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010
When I use mine I put it on during warm ups, earlier the better and would never do it after play started. Attaching something to the fence right behind the catchers during play would get a lot of negative attention pretty quickly I bet.

Mar 9, 2015
We have worked with several sanctions, and in your case specifically, the National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS). We have their approval that our device will not interfere with the field of play. We have had contact with several other state sanctions will follow the National level's lead. If anyone has any issues, please make me aware.

Do you have any link to show its approved for high school? I got the hero 4 with Lynkspyder and am planning on using for high school ball but would like to have something to rear to should an issues arise.

Jun 12, 2015
When I use mine I put it on during warm ups, earlier the better and would never do it after play started. Attaching something to the fence right behind the catchers during play would get a lot of negative attention pretty quickly I bet.

Definitely! I put it up as soon as I know which field we're on next.

Jul 10, 2014
C-bus Ohio
Do you have any link to show its approved for high school? I got the hero 4 with Lynkspyder and am planning on using for high school ball but would like to have something to rear to should an issues arise.

It's no different than hanging a banner - nothing protrudes into the field of play, and it doesn't violate the ASA rule about electronic aids.

Dec 11, 2010
I really try not to put it where it will block the view of fans either, usually not a problem because I mount it high. On the fence that is.

Seems like most rules are created to deal with that 10% of every group that can't figure out how to conduct themselves in an orderly fashion.

Dec 11, 2010
I do it too, no ump issues. HERO 4, external battery pack for "just in case," and a Mophie for my iPhone to control the camera. Love the LynkSpyder.

Edit: The Mophie is a battery extender and not necessary to controling the camera, just useful on long days.

Buckeye, do you have pretty good luck with that? I played with the Go Pro app a little last year and it was a little skitzy. I was hoping they would improve it before this year.

Jul 10, 2014
C-bus Ohio
Buckeye, do you have pretty good luck with that? I played with the Go Pro app a little last year and it was a little skitzy. I was hoping they would improve it before this year.

It has some issues with disconnecting, and obviously the range is limited so if you walk away from the camera you'll need to reconnect - but it works well enough that you don't need to keep walking back over to the camera to push buttons, and that's about all you can ask I guess. Being able to switch resolutions from the phone is nice, and you can watch the live feed, too. If you have a killer data plan and Livestream, you can literally broadcast the games live lol!

Last edited:

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri

We do not. I worked with several people there, but that last thing I have is an email from the "Director of Sports and Officials Education" approving a demo we sent them. I'm not sure if it is appropriate to post her name, but if you google her title, you can find her contact information. I will see if I can get something from them that I can share.

Apr 25, 2014
It has some issues with disconnecting, and obviously the range is limited so if you walk away from the camera you'll need to reconnect - but it works well enough that you don't need to keep walking back over to the camera to push buttons, and that's about all you can ask I guess. Being able to switch resolutions from the phone is nice, and you can watch the live feed, too. If you have a killer data plan and Periscope, you can literally broadcast the games live lol!

You can not periscope from the GoPro. We use a wide angle clip on lens on an iPhone and a reticam bracket

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceez12