GoPro/LynkSpyder

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 12, 2015
I am looking for input on the GoPro app for iPhone. I just downloaded it and paired it with my GoPro camera. Works nice I was able to view video on my iPhone. How do you use it during games? I am an assistant coach (1st base, scorekeeper, dugout...wherever I am needed I guess) so I won't be able to mess around with the camera during the game. Also, have a tournament this weekend would like to try it out so looking for suggestions on what features people found useful.

We've got the Android version but my DH uses it to make sure the view is good and to start the camera remotely when the game starts. We don't use it all the time, but he likes to put the camera up really high on the fence (I'm 5'9" and he's only about 2" taller than I am but I can't even see the screen where he puts the camera) so that helps get it adjusted so we're not looking at a big line of fence. He can also check to make sure we didn't forget to turn it on and to make sure it's actually recording. There are probably other uses but that's what we use it for.

Mine was a sandisk. Have been afraid to try another due to losing 3 games on the previous one . Maybe I'll try it again.
This happened to us twice. Once, it was in our very first 10U tournament and the game that was lost was my DD's first game ever pitching. I still feel like crying when I think about that. The other time, I had to miss a game that turned out to be probably the most exciting game they'd ever played. Extra innings, very close. I had to take my older one to baseball. Gone. :( That one is less painful but still depressing.

Mar 24, 2014
We've got the Android version but my DH uses it to make sure the view is good and to start the camera remotely when the game starts. We don't use it all the time, but he likes to put the camera up really high on the fence (I'm 5'9" and he's only about 2" taller than I am but I can't even see the screen where he puts the camera) so that helps get it adjusted so we're not looking at a big line of fence. He can also check to make sure we didn't forget to turn it on and to make sure it's actually recording. There are probably other uses but that's what we use it for.
Thanks for the update will check it out this weekend.

Mar 24, 2014
Got the GoPro app paired with the camera and is working nice. If using the app with the camera, will it have any affect on battery life?

Jun 12, 2015
The wifi drains the battery. You really need a battery backup; sometimes the regular battery won't even make it through one game.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceez12