GoPro/LynkSpyder

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 9, 2015
SoCal
I don't have any documentation regarding the lynkspyder but I used it all last year for CIF high school games and had one umpire instruct me that the camera can not extend through the fence, even though it only was less than an inch past, which is easily solved with some simple adjustments to the camera on the mounting bracket. No umpire or any other official ever had any problem with the lynkspyder brackets grabbing the fence.

Apr 25, 2014
I like to put mine up during the game before ours, of course I don't mess with it while the game is going on, ill wait for a break in the action like- in between 1/2 innings or if a there in a conference. I believe if you are respectful no one will have a problem, only issue ive had is another parent/coach asking me questions about it and I forgot to turn it on :mad:

Jul 23, 2014
Midwest
Zero issues for me. I once had someone complain that it was blocking their view, but moved after I pointed out to them that I had placed the camera before anyone had sat down.

Also in the habit now of attaching the clip on my extended battery pouch to the fence below to keep the battery and pouch from bouncing on the fence on windy days.

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
I think Lynkspyder needs to come out with a LynkDroneSpyder! ;)

We have. But it's stealth, so you've never actually seen it. :)

But in all seriousness, DJI has that market pretty well cornered. GoPro is trying hard to take it over in 2016 with their "Karma" device, but we will see. In either event, they are too noisy to be used for hovering over active fields. Not to mention the safety risk.

WARRIORMIKE

Pro-Staff Everything
Oct 5, 2009
At the Jewel in San Diego
We have. But it's stealth, so you've never actually seen it. :)

But in all seriousness, DJI has that market pretty well cornered. GoPro is trying hard to take it over in 2016 with their "Karma" device, but we will see. In either event, they are too noisy to be used for hovering over active fields. Not to mention the safety risk.

yea I saw the advertisement with the Karma? I'll wait for the second Karma to come out before I purchase one lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceez12