Good or bad etiquette?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 3, 2011
Wait until they're cleared out. Call me overly territorial if you want, but I don't anyone else near my team's stuff. And until we leave, it's our space.

The departing team has an obligation to clear out quickly and not drag their feet.

coachjwb

Love this game!
Apr 16, 2014
Northeast Ohio
Seems like some part of this story might be missing ... is Sluggers possibly right in his suspicion that the next team was running on to the field before handshakes were completed?

Feb 17, 2014
While the team was on the field doing handshakes, the next team up ran through the dugout onto the field. They didn't get in the way of anyone. They were all through the dugout before hand shakes were finished. Hell, the parents were barking about it before some of the girls were even done through the handshake line.

Oct 22, 2009
PA
I have our girls wait until the losing team has left the dugout and cleaned out their trash. If my team is not ready to play as soon as we get on the field, that is on me.

Sep 24, 2013
Midwest
While the team was on the field doing handshakes, the next team up ran through the dugout onto the field. They didn't get in the way of anyone. They were all through the dugout before hand shakes were finished. Hell, the parents were barking about it before some of the girls were even done through the handshake line.

If that's the case-the game isn't over until the sportsmanship is complete on the field. when both teams have left the field and entered the dugout to cleanup then the next team can take the field. Not before.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
I would like to know what is meant by run out onto the field. Typically the way this works is the team coming in drops their gear behind the dugout, goes through the dugout to the outfield to throw, well away from the teams. Certainly not on the clay in the middle of the post-game festivities.

It would be interesting to hear from those who feel this is egregious behavior if the team did not come though the dugout but instead came in via the outfield from behind the temporary fences. Would it be expected that they wait behind the temporary fence until the dugout was policed and vacated before proceeding down the foul line to the dugout?

coachjwb

Love this game!
Apr 16, 2014
Northeast Ohio
Sorry, spleen, but I agree with KCPRK ... that's too early for them to run through there. Am guessing the issue is that was the only way to get on to the field, in which case you then have to wait for them to clear out and probably don't have time to take ground balls ... but that's the way it needs to be ...

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Simple solution for those that can't wait to get on the field. Drop your gear behind your dugout and then take the field through the dugout of the team that WON.

Feb 3, 2011
I don't think anyone is going to care if you go into the outfield without going through the dugout. The dugout is the issue here.

I won't go near your stuff. I don't want you near mine, even if you are 'just passing through'. If those 2-3 extra minutes are that critical to your team's preparation, then you're doing it wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcworthSoftballMom