Good FPS Camera

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 22, 2012
Saw a lot of outdated posts on this. been relying on Cell phone cameras for pitching and hitting capture for analysis. Can anyone recommend a reasonable video camera for this?

thanks

Jan 17, 2013
Ill say the same thing here that I did in the last camera topic I replied to. I have one of Sony's HDRXR260 models, and have used their Handycam line for years, and I can honestly say that I've been quite happy with them. Its been a great camera, shoots great HD video that can easily be slowed down in an editing program, or has it's own built-in slow-mo function.

Oct 22, 2009

Does this camera offer video editing on your computer or do you have to have to an ap to do it?

I've been using my Kodak playsport and just love it, but it quit working. Went to order a new one and realized that kodak is discontinuing camera's so they only sell refurbished ones.

If the Canon takes an ap...what is the best one?

Jun 21, 2010
I think 30 fps is plenty for analysis of swinging a bat or throwing a ball. I use a iphone when I have good light and use the videopix app. Slowing the video down to 5 fps shows plenty. You can take a video with the app and analyze it, or look for older videos you shot before you got the app and load those and analyze. There are more customizing you can add as well.

Jul 26, 2010
Shutter speed is more important then FPS. It doesn't matter how many frames you get if a frame is blurry at a critical point.

-W

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I have a couple of those Flip cameras, that I am not using anymore. They quit making them, too. But, those are really great for transferring the videos to the computer. Now, I use Coaches Eye (app) and the cameras are collecting dust.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KittyGoneWild