Good contact - but ball doesn't go very far... suggestions?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 18, 2010
Illinois
What SIZE is your DD and where is some video of her?

She isn't tiny - but a skinny thing! She is around 5ft & 85-88lbs.

She was going to a hitting coach during softball, not realizing her new TB team was playing fall ball & with her in basketball for school as well - there is no extra time to get her back in the cage.... but with that said in the cage her coach was impressed, nailed the ball solid! Now in games there is nothing on the hits!

I will try & get video at the tourney this weekend & see if I can figure out how to post it.... but in the mean time if it is a strength thing - what type of exercizes can I have her do to improve?

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
My DD is 14yrs old 5'2'' and 100 lbs jumping up and down on the scale. She wasn't driving the ball untill DD learned the proper sequence. Learning the proper sequence will have your DD driving the ball in no time. First video your DD at her tourney. When you get the video. Upload video on youtube. We can talk you through the rest of the process.
http://www.discussfastpitch.com/softball-discussions/11127-video-help.html
Scroll down to Perfect Circle post gives a good step by steop.

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2011
Colorado
My DD is 14yrs old 5'2'' and 100 lbs jumping up and down on the scale. She wasn't driving the ball untill DD learned the proper sequence. Learning the proper sequence will have your DD driving the ball in no time. First video your DD at her tourney. When you get the video. Upload video on youtube. We can talk you through the rest of the process.
http://www.discussfastpitch.com/softball-discussions/11127-video-help.html
Scroll down to Perfect Circle post gives a good step by steop.
Same with my DD - they could be twins. She has been working with a hitting coach to perfect her mechanics and pitch selection. When everything goes right she drives it to the fence. When she connects but not perfectly she gets those weak grounders or infield pop ups. So it is physically possible, it just has to be perfect.
In just looking at the variables -SSmom83 - you said that she's killing it in the cage; maybe it's pitch selection or nerves?

Last edited:

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Sometimes DD's swing untill connect and stop their swing,drop bat and run. Maybe not driving through the ball. Proper hitting sequence will get them to drive the ball. Video of a swing tells the whole story.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32