Good aluminium bats?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 19, 2014
South Australia
I'm not sure if this is the right place, but a group of us guys are trying to setup a couple of country mens fast pitch teams.

The girls are helping out, but I would like to get a selection of aluminium bats, so the team members can choose something that feels good for them.

They all like the 34" bats, but what are some brands/models you all find good?

I'd like to steer clear of ones that give a jar or jolt if you hit the ball wrong. Something a little forgiving for use newbies.

Thanks

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
Why aluminum? Is composite not going to be allowed?
IMO a "good" aluminum bat does not exist. Maybe if it were alloy. But even the old school single wall alloys that are slow pitch bats don't hold a candle to most decent composites.

Jun 16, 2014
Rockettechs very good aluminum. The older versions shouldnt be used by grown men, they will flatten and crack super fast.

Jun 19, 2014
South Australia
Thanks. Regarding the composite bats, the girls say they break or crack easily! The bats have a years warranty but they are too unreliable and aluminium has proven to hold up better over time. I'm new, but the mens fast pitch i've watched on youtube does show regular composite bats failing. At $300AU per composite bat, i don't want to buy a swag for them to end up in the rubbish bin cracked.

A double aluminium wall bat would be great, but I do not know the brand or models that have it.

Feb 18, 2014
I will look when I get home and give you the brand and name of the double walled metal bats I have. The only reason I own them is because they were on clearance at Wal-Mart of all places. I have a hard time passing on a good looking bat on clearance.

If you are looking for something that reduces vibration are you going to be able to find that in anything other than a two piece bat?

May 7, 2008
Tucson
They are going to have to know what weight they want. Most men might need 26, 27 or 28 ounces. And, it will vary from man to man. They are going to want their own bat, I would think.

Where are you Hurricane? I have a couple of big bats that I don't swing.

Mar 29, 2012
If you are paying $300 for a composite unless the model was just released on the market (and even then) you are shopping in the wrong place.

As for alloy bats

demarini white steel, distance, and F2
rip it reaper slowpitch
Anderson Nanotech Slowpitch

Jan 25, 2011
The men's teams I have watched, which are the best men's teams in the world use comp. bats. OP if you are from down under those same teams I have watched, a lot of them are from down under.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez