Golf vs baseball hips

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UWV-EeSicI

Yeager talks about slotting the elbow without any movement of the hands or barrel. This is one of the areas that I don't see matching up with HL swings.

I think Yeager missed 'it'....The hands can and do move as the elbow slots without the barrel moving a lot or a little.
Pujols to me is a good example of this:
Pujols_2015_40.gif

ColdRedGrassspider.gif

3231178_orig.png

There is a hand pivot point. The elbow moves more but, the hands do move.

Last edited:

Rampage

Banned
Jul 8, 2015
Mann, you may be living a sheltered life. The issue of having the hands lead the elbow is common enough that Doc Yeager put out an entire DVD dedicated to addressing the issue.

You can order the DVD titled “Back Elbow Function and Body Segment Rotation in the Elite Hitter plus Analysis” from this site here ... Dr. Yeager's Baseball

FYI, the basic Around/Along is present in this swing.

r9oler.gif

Hands do lead the elbow unless i'm not putting your statement in proper context. You darn sure don't want the elbow leading the hands. Can you explain FFS?

Rampage

Banned
Jul 8, 2015
I think Yeager missed 'it'....The hands can and do move as the elbow slots without the barrel moving a lot or a little.
Pujols to me is a good example of this:
Pujols_2015_40.gif

ColdRedGrassspider.gif

3231178_orig.png

There is a hand pivot point. The elbow moves more but, the hands do move.

I share your opinion.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
The pivot which can also mean move? Semantics perhaps?

Pivot to me means a 'fixed point' that the 'action' moves around. Hands are a pivot point that the barrel/bat moves 'around'.

3231178_orig.png

Picture on the right shows a 'hand pivot point'.

Last edited:

Rampage

Banned
Jul 8, 2015
And I don't agree with the term pivot as the hands do go forward at some time. The term pivot in my mind is in regards to the initial part of the swing!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ourLadGloves