Golf vs baseball hips

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
What is it that you do at lag Fiveframe? "Fire" your hands? at LAG?

In the link you provided, I do something very similar to the pump-like motion that you’ve depicted. I can’t say why the pros do it, but for me it gives the feel of the top hand/wrist being fired/whipped. It’s the feel I have in my normal swing coming out of approximately the bat lag orientation

2ymx4pf.gif

Energy transfer.

From a true lag orientation the top hand wrist will be fairly loose. The top hand wrist is set/loaded/bent. To get a feel of the unhinginging action, try to feel like it is the top of the forearm, just below the wrist, that is firing, while the tension in the top hand wrist remains loose.

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
Mann, if you could learn to correct the '
' in your posts, then that would be appreciated. In this post you have extra 'IMG' endings. You are in effect including these 'IMG' commands twice.

To answer your question ... this demonstration, from my perspective, is not ideal. What I see is a resistance to the 'setting' of the top hand. You instead 'push' and then follow-up by forcing the wrists. This is not a 'release', but a 'forced muscled action' ..... and the human body simply can't swing a barrel as quickly with such a muscled action as it can when the wrists are treated as 'hinges' through impact.

The bending of the top hand wrist is the “setting” of the top hand. The observance of the top hand becoming bent, is the observance that it has ‘become’ loaded, and from here it will be unloaded … said differently, it has ‘become’ hinged, and from here it will be unhinged.

You are correct, i do not "set" my top hand in the drills provided.

Does the wrist just "become" extended? Then "becomes" unhinged "?

When here you said you FIRE your hands. In the link you provided, I do something very similar to the pump-like motion that you’ve depicted. I can’t say why the pros do it, but for me it gives the feel of the top hand/wrist being fired/whipped. It’s the feel I have in my normal swing coming out of approximately the bat lag orientation

This statement you have made is what i feel when i swing, unless i am swinging no matter what, the "firing" of the barrel will occur "somewhere" but not immediately.

for those that want "lag' to disappear from the swing, you are missing out on a key component.

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
You are correct, i do not "set" my top hand in the drills provided.

Does the wrist just "become" extended? Then "becomes" unhinged "?

When here you said you FIRE your hands. In the link you provided, I do something very similar to the pump-like motion that you’ve depicted. I can’t say why the pros do it, but for me it gives the feel of the top hand/wrist being fired/whipped. It’s the feel I have in my normal swing coming out of approximately the bat lag orientation

This statement you have made is what i feel when i swing, unless i am swinging no matter what, the "firing" of the barrel will occur "somewhere" but not immediately.

for those that want "lag' to disappear from the swing, you are missing out on a key component.

The barrel 'becomes" loaded"? Do you purposelessly use wrist extension when you teach?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ourLadGloves