Going to brag on our catcher.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 19, 2009
Going to brag on our catcher, 18 YO will be going to Walter State in the fall and playing ball SB for them, moved to catcher about a year ago.

Home to second glove to glove last evening 1.5, and has been clocked at 85 over hand, how can you steal on that. She has ruined my daughter for other catchers.

Home to first running 2.8 and hits with power, I'm glad she is on our side of the dougout!!!!! :cool:

Oct 1, 2010
Marietta, GA
Home to second glove to glove last evening 1.5, and has been clocked at 85 over hand, how can you steal on that. She has ruined my daughter for other catchers.

Home to first running 2.8 and hits with power, I'm glad she is on our side of the dougout!!!!! :cool:

Better pop time than the Olympic catcher, throws a softball as fast as major leaguers pitch, and she's going to a community college - sorry but someone is a little quick on the stopwatch.

Oct 19, 2009
Better pop time than the Olympic catcher, throws a softball as fast as major leaguers pitch, and she's going to a community college - sorry but someone is a little quick on the stopwatch.

Be honest with you I would find it hard to believe myself if I had not of seen it with my own eyes!

I think you will be hearing alot about this young lady in years to come.

We'll be at Sandy Plains this weekend.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2009
St. Louis MO

Maybe she doesn't have the grades for a four year school or for some reason is staying close to home.

Jul 26, 2010
There have been a few very successful D1 and US National team players who started in community or 2 year schools before getting scholarships to 4 year universities. Often, this works out better for all sides, as players get more playing time and the D1 school isn't liable for injuries.

-W

Sep 3, 2009
Going to brag on our catcher, 18 YO will be going to Walter State in the fall and playing ball SB for them, moved to catcher about a year ago.

Home to second glove to glove last evening 1.5, and has been clocked at 85 over hand, how can you steal on that.

Home to first running 2.8 and hits with power

Stats like that if true, would put her in the top 1% in the country. If she can post those numbers in a showcase, the line of coaches will be long.

Oct 19, 2009
I have nothing to gain by over exaggerating the number this kid put up, she is no relation only the catcher on our team. I knew she is special only did not know how special until I saw the number she put up. She was throwing out our other 2.8 runner to first about a 2 thirds of the way between home second. She was stuck on 1.6 and hit 1.5 2 times Thursday. The radar gun was 81 – 83 and 85.

Unfortunately grades are a problem.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
I have nothing to gain by over exaggerating the number this kid put up, she is no relation only the catcher on our team. I knew she is special only did not know how special until I saw the number she put up. She was throwing out our other 2.8 runner to first about a 2 thirds of the way between home second. She was stuck on 1.6 and hit 1.5 2 times Thursday. The radar gun was 81 – 83 and 85.

Unfortunately grades are a problem.

Wow, that velocity is freakish - many HS BB pitchers don't reach that w/ a baseball. The difference between 60 mph and 80 mph is almost 1/4 of a second quicker to 2B and even 60 mph is well above average. Too bad the academics don't match or else she'd be able to write her own ticket. Here's to hoping that community college gives her a 2nd chance.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simonet