Glove like a flapjack

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 17, 2012
Maybe for one practice? I may get flamed for this but those gloves are overpriced junk! Sorry burlap, no offense meant! They look worn out while sitting on the rack brand new, way too oil infused and way too soft from the start! We had a girl on our HS team who's dad bought her one and HE was so proud of that glove, in 2/3 weeks it was as floppy as a 20 year old glove! For what these cost there's tons of much better options out there. At $170, no thanks.

Yeah. How do you know how much he paid for it? Who cares what it *looks* like. We bought it for the exact reasons you are complaining about. It's soft and already broke in. It's an excellent glove and I highly recommended it for softball players playing at a high level.

What we did is have our Shoeless Jane restrung (she went with purple strings) and it has continued to serve her well. Bretman who is a member on this forum has his own glove stringing business. He did an excellent job. He was fast and his prices were low. Go here: http://www.thegloveshop.webs.com/

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I would weigh your options between having that glove rebuilt and buying a new Vinci from one of their reps on DFP...how old is your DD? If she has more than 2 years left to play I would go with the Vinci. Rebuilding your currently glove will probably only last a year, maybe two.

Jun 19, 2012
Currently a 7th grader playing on jv with some varsity time so we definitely have more than 2 years left

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Yeah. How do you know how much he paid for it? Who cares what it *looks* like. We bought it for the exact reasons you are complaining about. It's soft and already broke in. It's an excellent glove and I highly recommended it for softball players playing at a high level.

What we did is have our Shoeless Jane restrung (she went with purple strings) and it has continued to serve her well. Bretman who is a member on this forum has his own glove stringing business. He did an excellent job. He was fast and his prices were low. Go here: http://www.thegloveshop.webs.com/

That's great! Glad you guys like it!

May 17, 2012
That's great! Glad you guys like it!

Meh just ignore me, it's a sensitive topic. The 7 most painful words that a coach can hear are, "Hey coach, I got a new glove."

Most players and parents do not have a clue when buying/sizing/breaking in a glove. The majority of the time there was nothing wrong with their old glove.

Case in point. As an outfielder the ball should never go in your glove and bounce out. This is a sign of an improperly sized and/or broken in glove.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
We bought it for the exact reasons you are complaining about. It's soft and already broke in. It's an excellent glove and I highly recommended it for softball players playing at a high level.

There is a trade off...if you buy a glove that is soft and broken in, do not expect to get more than two seasons out of it. If you buy a kip leather glove it will take a lot longer to break it, but should last 5+ years if well cared for.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Meh just ignore me, it's a sensitive topic. The 7 most painful words that a coach can hear are, "Hey coach, I got a new glove."

Most players and parents do not have a clue when buying/sizing/breaking in a glove. The majority of the time there was nothing wrong with their old glove.

Case in point. As an outfielder the ball should never go in your glove and bounce out. This is a sign of an improperly sized and/or broken in glove.

No problem Gunner and I understand exactly what you're saying. Guess me and my DD just don't fall into that "Most players and parents" sentence. Me and her both like stiff sturdy gloves. One of her TB coaches who played college ball and coaches college now has a completely different approach to gloves than most, one time she got all the girls in a circle around her and had them throw their glove on the ground, only two gloves stayed open, my DD's Vinci and another girl who had a month old Mizuno Global Elite. She told 5 or 6 girls "you need a new glove now"! A couple of them looked dangerous to me.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06