Glove Laces

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

sru

Jun 20, 2008
So how does everyone keep their darn glove laces tied??

My dd has two gloves, an Easton fielding glove and a Mizuno Prime catchers mitt. The Eason has two full seasons of use and the Mizuno one full season. The laces around the pocket always come untied. I have to check after every game, ussually the laces at least need to be tightened. I tie them as tight as I can get them, and they always work loose.

Any thoughts?

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
Laces should be tightened at least once per month. they stretch and break. A good time to tighten laces are just after a tournament, that way if you find one broken there is time to get it fixed before she needs to play again

Mar 13, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Are you tying square knots or granny knots? A square knot will usually stay put and not come apart.

(And if you don't know the difference, there's a good chance you're tying the wrong kind!)

Nov 5, 2009
St. Louis MO
Are you tying square knots or granny knots? A square knot will usually stay put and not come apart.

(And if you don't know the difference, there's a good chance you're tying the wrong kind!)

Learned that one in Girl Scouts. right over left, over and up, left over right, over and up. My DD just rolled her eyes when I tried teaching the square knot to her the same way.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan