Girls Fastpitch questions please

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 31, 2012
First, we are all just trying to help, even if some "answers" seem harsh.

Trust me, I would rather have harsh and have a good understanding of what we may be getting into before dropping the $ and effort to build it.

Please keep it coming. All input is appreciated and helpful. No offense taken at all.

Thanks again.

PS. links to this complex helpful as well.

Sep 14, 2011
Glendale, AZ
Trust me, I would rather have harsh and have a good understanding of what we may be getting into before dropping the $ and effort to build it.

Please keep it coming. All input is appreciated and helpful. No offense taken at all.

Thanks again.

PS. links to this complex helpful as well.

I looked at your survey and see that it is geared toward the coach/parent/player......as it should be for this type of undertaking.

Please also consider the umpires that you would be using for your events. A centrally located "locker room", for lack of a better term, would be a great thing. Designated housing for out of town umpires would be welcome, if you are planning to open your events to them. I would highly suggest you do so, since you are marketing to teams from different and far away locations, it would be good to have umpires from different locations as well.

I know that umpires are not always at the top of the list on most tournament planners agendas, but they are a necessary component to a sucessful event. The better they are taken care of, the better the quality on the field. I hope that you at least consider this aspect when you are designing your complex.

Aug 31, 2012
I looked at your survey and see that it is geared toward the coach/parent/player......as it should be for this type of undertaking.

Please also consider the umpires that you would be using for your events. A centrally located "locker room", for lack of a better term, would be a great thing. Designated housing for out of town umpires would be welcome, if you are planning to open your events to them. I would highly suggest you do so, since you are marketing to teams from different and far away locations, it would be good to have umpires from different locations as well.

I know that umpires are not always at the top of the list on most tournament planners agendas, but they are a necessary component to a sucessful event. The better they are taken care of, the better the quality on the field. I hope that you at least consider this aspect when you are designing your complex.

Not only are we thinking about that we have plans for it. Additionally we are planning a lounge for all of the recruiters as well.

thanks

02Crush

Way past gone
Aug 28, 2011
The Crazy Train
Would housing be for the entire family or just the players?
Also, Why Charlotte? National Events mean flying....so you need a more major airport to keep costs down and frequency of flights available to as many parts of the US as possible.. I am just thinking out loud here so take it for what it is worth..(probably not much :))

Aug 31, 2012
Would housing be for the entire family or just the players?
Also, Why Charlotte? National Events mean flying....so you need a more major airport to keep costs down and frequency of flights available to as many parts of the US as possible.. I am just thinking out loud here so take it for what it is worth..(probably not much :))

see post above about why Charlotte. Housing would be for players and team mom/chaperones only.

Charlotte is a USAir hub so tons of flights direct from all over the country. The also code share with United so it ties to all their hubs as well. Plus the cost of being in Charlotte during the week is going to be less than say...Chicago, Atlanta, LA, San Fran, Dallas etc where other hub airports are.

Thanks

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA