Ghost is toast!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 9, 2020
Sending back ghost purchased in November ! Maybe used for one live tourney . Used mostly soft ross and tee work indoors ( few hundred swings per session ) but it indeed cracked ! Will wait for replacement to break in .. most likely will use new mantra for in game this season once weather breaks here in northeast I guess the old saying is true “don’t make them like they used to anymore “

Apr 9, 2020
Will do thus far only in cage as it’s too cold here .. definite diff sound and pop and she feels it is lighter then ghost at same length and drop .. we utilize blast with coach so like to seee in game love metrics for comparison to lessons in cage .. stay tuned .....

Oct 4, 2018
Will do thus far only in cage as it’s too cold here .. definite diff sound and pop and she feels it is lighter then ghost at same length and drop .. we utilize blast with coach so like to seee in game love metrics for comparison to lessons in cage .. stay tuned .....

Yeah, I've come to simply not go by the drop/weight numbers on bats. It's like shoe size. Sometimes I'm a 12, sometimes I'm an 11. I had to get the Xeno in a drop 9 to get the weight I wanted.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Used "maybe" one tounry but hit hundreds of times in BP in a week...that is still hits. So the bat had thousands of hits on it since Nov.
since she hits a few hundred per session each week.

Not arguing...but cant separate game swings from bp swings...still swings and still hitting the ball hard.

And bats are not made to last...they are made to hit hard nowadays. Its your choice to not use in bp to save the hits. If using your new
bats in BP, expect to use warranties

Apr 9, 2020
Used "maybe" one tounry but hit hundreds of times in BP in a week...that is still hits. So the bat had thousands of hits on it since Nov.

Not arguing...but cant separate game swings from bp swings...still swings and still hitting the ball hard.

And bats are not made to last...they are made to hit hard nowadays. Its your choice to not use in bp to save the hits. If using your new

agree totally as we are very careful when we use these bats... I use the warranties to my advantage when I can... we even utilize bat warmers here in north east ... still would hope last little longer but like you say a swing is a swing ... and swing she does ..saving mantra for the real stuff lol..

Apr 9, 2020
A few HUNDRED swings per session??? One kid or half the team?
she swings on the average during her lessons twice a week 250-300 swings according to her blast.. and we do our tee work and drills on our own two other nites maybe 150-20 and a hour cage on Sunday. we have two holders that hold 24 balls and we pick up probably 4 -5 times..

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014

You're right about BP hits counting, but a bat should be able to survive one player using it regularly to hit actual softballs off a T or front-toss. I know that Ghosts have a high failure rate, possibly higher than any other bat, but I've not seen any bat fail on a team my DD was on that wasn't at least a year old AND used to hit dimple balls from Jugs machines. DD has never had a bat fail. She currently plays 18U, uses LS and DM, and can hit HRs with either.

May 16, 2016
we even utilize bat warmers here in north east ...

The cold hard softballs are a greater problem. My DD broke her Ghost Advanced at an indoor batting practice, but coach had just brought in two buckets of balls from her ice cold car...

I think when the weather warms up, we will be seeing fewer "broken Ghost" stories show up...

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi