Gray Ghost

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2019
Yup the ASA Ghost cracked in a couple of places down near the handle. Had fairly heavy use over the past year but honestly IMO design flaw. Never used below 60’ and never hit heavy dimpled machine balls.
I had the 2020 Dual Stamp waiting for a 12/25 delivery but gave it to her last night. Two UTrip tournies next couple of weekend so I caved.
Should be interesting playing good 18U competition with team of mostly 05’s. One practice a week the last two months and no pitching last two weeks. Let the good times roll!!!

Aug 16, 2019
NORTH TEXAS
Sucks about the bat. Just out of curiosity what is the issue with the dimple machine balls? Are they supposed to be bad for the bat? Our hitting instructor uses them weekly and haven't had an issue with my DD's asa bat yet.

Apr 28, 2019
Sucks about the bat. Just out of curiosity what is the issue with the dimple machine balls? Are they supposed to be bad for the bat? Our hitting instructor uses them weekly and haven't had an issue with my DD's asa bat yet.
Yes machine balls are higher density and void the bat warranty.

May 29, 2019
Yes machine balls are higher density and void the bat warranty.
I always wondered if those balls actually do damage bats, or if the manufacturer uses that as an excuse to not honor warranties. JUGS says that their dimple balls do not damage bats, so who knows.....

Apr 28, 2019
I always wondered if those balls actually do damage bats, or if the manufacturer uses that as an excuse to not honor warranties. JUGS says that their dimple balls do not damage bats, so who knows.....
Not sure but we use older bats for BP with machine balls. Just to play it safe. Not sure how they could tell machine balls were used but they say they would know.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA

they have no idea what you use unless you tell them...haha. seriously. Like the temp
stuff...are you gonna call warranty and say "i used the bat in 40 degree weather" or " i was hitting
dimple balls"? :)
What they aren't told, wont hurt them

BUT, I wouldn't use new bats with dimple balls anyway, def not good for them.

Last edited:
May 29, 2019
My DD has broken a handful of bats in her career, but not a single one of them broke while hitting dimple balls off of a machine. With that being said, we use older bats whenever we do machine work, just in case....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802