GHOST ADVANCED

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 6, 2018
Our team loved the GA and yes we swing a lot but don't bats are not misused. For $450 retail it shouldn't be made of glass. The old Ghosts break too but seemed like the GA are even more fragile. Connection point is an issue.
Besides the flex what was the feed back from the bat to ball feedback while cracked. I had people tell me the flex was normal. But it felt like it was a sponge on some hits.

May 2, 2017
Besides the flex what was the feed back from the bat to ball feedback while cracked. I had people tell me the flex was normal. But it felt like it was a sponge on some hits.

Exactly as a sponge on some hits. It's the reason we ended up inspecting and noticing the issue in the first place. The ball just didn't seem to carry as well anymore .

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
When bats were tanks...parents didnt want them. Sorry, but all these bats have come
around because people want hot, hot, hot right away. Then when a bat breaks, some people
complain and say, gee, for 450 you would expect longer. OK, when bats lasted 5 years and took 20K hits to start getting hot and only cost 299 nobody wanted them.
Again, bats come off a production line...they arent hand made. You are going to have ones
with thinner spots on the composite, inner tech not connected just right or connection points that arent as solid as others, paint diffs...it is what it is. Thats why they have warranties. Just like cars...except
a car can have recalls for 300K vehicles. But they roll off a line and they take care of the issues when
they come around just like any other product that is mass produced.

Every manufacturer realizes you give up return bats to make hot bats that WILL fail at some point
on top of bad ones off a line. You dont know which ones until they are sold to people.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
As I have noted before, my DD has a blue Ghost that was used regularly (high-level TB schedule) for 15 mo without issues,

And the Blue Ghost was supposedly defective too...hahaha. I have talked to quite a few guys
who had the blue ghost that lasted a long time. Guy ust bought a bat this week, his laster well over
a year as well. I hear these stories all the time, but only thru text or phone convo's...never internet :)

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Is Ghost the #1 bat that will break?

Cuz hear it over and over and over again
My Ghost broke...then the replacement broke.
Then the parent says
The Ghost is making me broke.

Jun 8, 2016
Is Ghost the #1 bat that will break?

Cuz hear it over and over and over again
My Ghost broke...then the replacement broke.
Then the parent says
The Ghost is making me broke.
My 85 lb DD has broken 5 bats (3 Marucci's, 1 Easton Mako (used) and 1 Xeno) in 2 years, none of them Ghosts.. It is what it is..🤷‍♂️ She doesn't have a cellphone or play video games and since TB we don't go to Hawaii every summer to visit the in-laws so I have probably saved money :LOL:

Last edited:

radness

Dec 13, 2019
My 85 lb DD has broken 5 bats (3 Marucci's, 1 Easton Mako (used) and 1 Xeno) in 2 years, none of them Ghosts.. It is what it is..🤷‍♂️ She doesn't have a cellphone or play video games and since TB we don't go to Hawaii every summer to visit the in-laws so I have probably saved money :LOL:
She's had marruccis and easton,
How long has she used a ghost?

Asked if they are #1 at breaking because thats the bat that breaks hear stories about.
Generally see people buying
Ghost , demarini and louisville.
. And several stories recently they broke within 3 months.
Not being used in cage either.

May 2, 2017
When bats were tanks...parents didnt want them. Sorry, but all these bats have come
around because people want hot, hot, hot right away. Then when a bat breaks, some people
complain and say, gee, for 450 you would expect longer. OK, when bats lasted 5 years and took 20K hits to start getting hot and only cost 299 nobody wanted them.
Again, bats come off a production line...they arent hand made. You are going to have ones
with thinner spots on the composite, inner tech not connected just right or connection points that arent as solid as others, paint diffs...it is what it is. Thats why they have warranties. Just like cars...except
a car can have recalls for 300K vehicles. But they roll off a line and they take care of the issues when
they come around just like any other product that is mass produced.

Every manufacturer realizes you give up return bats to make hot bats that WILL fail at some point
on top of bad ones off a line. You dont know which ones until they are sold to people.

. I agree 100%

Jun 8, 2016
She's had marruccis and easton,
How long has she used a ghost?

Asked if they are #1 at breaking because thats the bat that breaks.
Generally see people buying
Ghost , dmarini and louisville.
But ghost are the storys of what breaks. And several stories recently they broke within 3 months.
Not being used in cage either.
She has never used a Ghost. You hear about Ghosts breaking the most more than likely because at the current time the Ghost is probably the most used bat...My point was bats in the third decade of the 21st century break...you have to expect it unfortunately. Because of this (and the fact that at 11 YO the added benefit of having the hottest bat out there is probably not much) I have never spent more than $200 on a bat. On the other hand gloves don't break so I have no problem at the moment shelling out a bit more cash for one of those ;)

Last edited:

radness

Dec 13, 2019
She has never used a Ghost. You hear about Ghosts breaking the most more than likely because at the current time the Ghost is probably the most used bat...My point was bats in the third decade of the 21st century break...you have to expect it unfortunately. Because of this (and the fact that at 11 YO the added benefit of having the hottest bat out there is probably not much) I have never spent more than $200 on a bat. On the other hand gloves don't break so I have no problem at the moment shelling out a bit more cash for one of those ;)
A poll might be good to see whos buying what more.
Seems there are a top 4 manufacturer.
Probably from that a % of durability stats could be formed???

Like i commented
See batters use
Louisville
Demarini
Ghost
Add Easton other bats.

Any break more often?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members