GHOST ADVANCED

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 24, 2019
This is her second GA first one cracked during 2 weeks of use, now this one yesterday I noticed that barrel wobbles too much....(where the rubber and barrel meets) I’ll try to take a Clip later on today. Need to warranty before end of January

Last edited:
May 2, 2017
We had 5 girls with them on our 12U. Every girl loved the bat and all of them started to wobble at different times early in the season. If you keep using them with the wobble they will start to crack at the connection joint (we have pictures) . They were all sent back at different times and many did it again. (some sold the replacements) There are no GA's on our team now. Lots of the old grey Ghosts though. Just our story.........
Because of Covid replacements took forever but all were honored

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Picked one of these up for DD after going through a ridiculous number of 2020/2021 LXTs. She likes it but ended up back with the LXT (she will go through probably six per year so buy 3; get three warranty replacements). Wish she could get more than a few thousand swings out of a bat.

Honestly, don't hope for it much...again, bats aren't made to last...they are made to perform. Parents and players want bats
hot asap...don't want to wait. You sacrifice one for the other. Sounds like you prepare well for breaks though...hahaha :)

Oct 4, 2018
I find the whole thing a bit odd.

My DD swings hard. Really hard. We hit balls 4+ days per week. Bat is still pristine.

Do they break because girls aren't hitting the sweet spot? Do they break because they are being used in cold weather? Are some people getting bats that aren't as good as the one we got?

Mar 6, 2018
Here's my daughters 31/21 GA.
In case you can't tell that's at the connection behind the rubber sleeve above the handle.

Anyone else having a crack here?
Edit: pretty sure we played all fall with it like this.
20201127_203157.jpg

Jun 8, 2016

My DD swings hard. Really hard. We hit balls 4+ days per week. Bat is still pristine.

Do they break because girls aren't hitting the sweet spot? Do they break because they are being used in cold weather? Are some people getting bats that aren't as good as the one we got?
Controlling the amount of defects (which is where a crack would likely initiate) is not easy for composite materials even with the best manufacturing processes 🤷‍♂️

osagedr

Canadian Fastpitch Dad
Oct 20, 2016

I would for sure as well if I weren't living it! DD has exit velo in the mid-to-high 70s so good but nothing special. In-season we might go to the diamond and hit 200 balls off front toss in a day. One bat lasted less than a week. One lasted a looooong time of heavy use off a tee; maybe 5 months? These have all been Slugger LXTs. We have Demarinis going back 5 seasons to a CF8 that has 20K swings on it and is still great. But she loves the feel and pop of the Slugger.

JOHNN

Just a dad of 3 girls
Aug 5, 2019
South Louisiana

Bats are like cars. Just have to hope it wasnt built on a Monday or Friday haha

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Anyone else having a crack here?

I have seen some slowpitch bats with marks there. Now, I have no idea what real effect it has...like you said, you dont even know
when it appeared. Who knows, maybe this will be the start of a wobble at some point down the road, no idea.
And those slowpitch guys im sure have done the same thing...and there are some way bigger people swinging those bats and hitting
and flexing the bat much more. Who really rips the rubber connection back to look...and I wouldn't suggest it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma