GHOST ADVANCED

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010
Yes, and they have another sitting there when that fails. They dont have to wait for returns
dept to get a replacement bat to use. So they dont care about "saving" swings. One breaks, another
one is handed to them asap. So you think they care about using one for bp, soft toss and everything
else...no. Its not on their dime.

Way different mindset..cant compare someone who has bats supplied to people who dont.
Sorry- didn’t make my point very well at all. That was kind of a “drive by” comment that wasn’t expressed very well.

DD#1 was at an Easton school when the Ghost came out. At that time I asked her how many broken bats she had seen- I am sure I posted about it at the time. It wasn’t any more than the Mako and Stealth Speed junk they were swinging prior. I think she remembered seeing one. They hit a lot- and a lot of machine balls.

DD#2 is at a Louisville school. She thinks pretty much everyone swings LXT over Xeno. She knows one player that broke an LXT. (I’m sure there are probably more but one was all she knew of.). I don't know much about that player yet- asked if she was a power hitter. She said she was a ”hit for average” type hitter.

What I’m saying is these players are putting hard miles on these bats and they aren’t failing left and right like some would have you believe. Why not? They are bigger and stronger. They hit bags, dimple balls and live pitching, including against some Super Seniors with true speed and movement that HAS to induce mis-hits.

There HAS to be some parents on here whose daughter is attending an Easton school. I‘d like to hear what those players would say about their dual stamps and GA’s.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
Sorry- didn’t make my point very well at all. That was kind of a “drive by” comment that wasn’t expressed very well.

DD#1 was at an Easton school when the Ghost came out. At that time I asked her how many broken bats she had seen- I am sure I posted about it at the time. It wasn’t any more than the Mako and Stealth Speed junk they were swinging prior. I think she remembered seeing one.

DD#2 is at a Louisville school. She thinks pretty much everyone swings LXT over Xeno. She knows one player that broke an LXT. I don't know much about that player yet- asked if she was a power hitter. She said she was a ”hit for average” type hitter.

What I’m saying is these players are putting hard miles on these bats and they aren’t failing left and right like some would have you believe. Why not? They are bigger and stronger. They hit bags, dimple balls and live pitching, including against some Super Seniors with true speed and movement that HAS to induce mis-hits.

There HAS to be some parents on here whose daughter is attending an Easton school. I‘d like to hear what those players would say about their dual stamps and GA’s.
Yeah..still not getting the point you are trying to make.. :LOL:

Dec 11, 2010
Hell, now I’m not even sure!

Is it vain to quote yourself, lol!

Last edited:
May 21, 2018

This is what I am wondering also. My DD is fairly big (5'-6" @ 12 years old) and swings relatively
hard, but not hard enough to go through bats the way we do. I'm wondering if it's climate related. We don't hit in the cold, but the bats do get transported in and out of colder temperatures. I'm sure someone else does the exact same thing and hasn't broken any bats though.

It's like a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside of an enigma.

Jun 8, 2016
@Westwind if your point is that at the lower ages/lower skill levels there are more mishits then I would agree. Whether a mishit is more likely to cause failure I am not sure. The bats are more than likely designed based upon sweet spot contact so if that is the case a mishit would be "off-design" use and hence may cause more failure.. 🤷‍♂️

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I def think this way about the "wobbles" Pattar...I am thinking some dd's are hitting more balls further up
the bat creating the slight crack up there once in a while. And honestly, nobody knows when it cracked or started to wobble.
Could have been one nice inside fastball that connected up there just right. Then noticed later.

Again, not all...so please folks, don't comment back to me all mad and say your dd never hits a ball up there and it cracked or started to wobble for no reason...hahaha.
This is only a general statement as we are just having an broad discussion, not about anyone in particular. Obvi, a bad
bat off a line can break on anything, anytime.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00