GHOST ADVANCED

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 15, 2018
If someone sees these illicit bats somewhere, I would love to see a side by side pic of regular Ghost and Advanced knobs. Maybe even a side and top view, lol

Yes, I know that is the geekiest thing anyone has ever posted.

I didn’t take a pic of the knob. But it is noticeably smaller in diameter. It appears to be some sorta of rubberized coating. 2 of those 4 bats hanging there showed some pretty heavy scuffs and lettering on bottom was missing as well.

I understand Easton has used that knob in the baseball line, I’m curious to how well it holds up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 6, 2018
to me the most noticeable difference is the end cap. With the end cap now having almost a rubberized circle within the end cap it is something that I can not recall seeing before.

Apr 28, 2019
My guess is some stock boy at Dicks was in a hurry to go to Starbucks on his break and put something out that wasn’t meant to go out just yet.

Just kidding, they are out at the Dicks in the town next to us as well. Too bad I don’t buy anything from Dicks.
I don’t like Dick’s Sporting Goods much either but you find deals where you can.

Apr 28, 2019
to me the most noticeable difference is the end cap. With the end cap now having almost a rubberized circle within the end cap it is something that I can not recall seeing before.
Is the Slugger RXT end cap similar to the GA’s? I haven’t seen either bat up close but the Copa cap looks rubberized.

Apr 28, 2019
The outer part of the end cap is definitely softer than say the end cap of a Ghost but I don't know if I'd call it rubberized? Just feels like a just so slightly softer plastic to me. Maybe so.
Gotcha. Maybe rubberized plastic?
If what I’m hearing so far is the case with GA it’s more similar to 18 ASA Ghost. I honestly like the 2020 Ghost better than 18/19 Ghosts.
The 2020 seems more forgiving with a bigger sweet spot. Just as much pop IMO.
I think I’d be leaning toward a RXT more than a GA. If I was in the market of course.

Gotcha. Maybe rubberized plastic?
If what I’m hearing so far is the case with GA it’s more similar to 18 ASA Ghost. I honestly like the 2020 Ghost better than 18/19 Ghosts.
The 2020 seems more forgiving with a bigger sweet spot. Just as much pop IMO.
I think I’d be leaning toward a RXT more than a GA. If I was in the market of course.

Yeah I know you have a fondness for the Sluggers lol. DD really likes her RXT. It took a while to get going but it does as well as her Ghost imo. But I think there may lie the problem....it's as good as a bat that's marginally cheaper and isn't as hot out of the wrapper. I will say though it is much more balanced than the Ghost so if she prefers that, that's a positive.
DD has had all three of the Ghosts, if the Advanced is as good as the blue one she'll probably want one. One of her teammates already has the GA, so we'll probably try it out. She's been pretty positive about it so far.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceez12