GHOST ADVANCED

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

panthadad2

fastpitch pops
Jun 27, 2017
You aren't the only one drew...its all good :)

So many worried about the 449 list

I know your quip about the $449 is tongue-in-cheek, but the pricing issue is still valid. It seems to me Easton pushed the original Ghost's performance as far as it could - to the point of it being almost too fragile. It has great pop, a wide sweet spot, mid-pack stiffness on the joint, and great sound. It's only real downside (for some) other than durability is that it's heavy and end-weighted. In comes the Ghost Advanced to provide a more balanced alternative and maybe a softer connection (like an LXT?). But why in the hell does Easton think they can charge $100 more than the original Ghost to get a more balanced bat with a soft feel? Those supposed advantages (balanced and soft feel) are just personal preference and not advantages. I hope I'm wrong and the Advanced takes it to the next level, but call me skeptical.

BTW, that doesn't mean I won't buy it at a discount somewhere to try it out before handing it to my DD....because I'm a bat nerd. :)

Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
I know your quip about the $449 is tongue-in-cheek, but the pricing issue is still valid. It seems to me Easton pushed the original Ghost's performance as far as it could - to the point of it being almost too fragile. It has great pop, a wide sweet spot, mid-pack stiffness on the joint, and great sound. It's only real downside (for some) other than durability is that it's heavy and end-weighted. In comes the Ghost Advanced to provide a more balanced alternative and maybe a softer connection (like an LXT?). But why in the hell does Easton think they can charge $100 more than the original Ghost to get a more balanced bat with a soft feel? Those supposed advantages (balanced and soft feel) are just personal preference and not advantages. I hope I'm wrong and the Advanced takes it to the next level, but call me skeptical.

BTW, that doesn't mean I won't buy it at a discount somewhere to try it out before handing it to my DD....because I'm a bat nerd. :)
Like this x10.

How about a stiff AND balanced bat that is durable and only $40 more??

all in jest everyone.

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Call Easton or email about the retail price and ask them why. What do you want anybody to say, the only person who can answer it is Easton. I agree that the retail price is high. You have multiple bats by other manufacturers at 399 and people pay that at this point. I would have rather seen the 399 price tag it started at...as my price went up as well.

To the people that are really looking to purchase this bat, then I can completely understand the price complaint and Im with ya as Im not a fan of it as well. This doesnt help me either, thats for sure but I will do what I can.
The folks that never had an interest in buying, never would buy, or the folks that always buy older
model bats on the cheap, then the price doesnt really effect them.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2018
Spotted these 4 on lock down at the local Dick’s in Lexington, KY last night

bde0cb1de881d7909c7de7bea859ebac.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom