Ghost Advanced vs ASA ghost vs Xeno? Feedback?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 16, 2015
Any feedback on performance?

my DD cracked her ASA ghost and we can’t return it for warranty until the virus is over since Easton is closed. She got an advanced but seems the exit velocity, even after breaking it in is still 1-2 behind the ASA. Even the cracked Asa returns good speeds but the barrel is cracked. Can only use for drills.

she had a 2019 Xeno in the past and she got good performance from that too. I thought of getting her one since you can’t find the ASA ghosts in 33/23 anymore.

what is everyone’s thoughts??

Apr 6, 2017
Sounds like she already has the newest/hottest. Dd has the "19" blue
Xeno. Great bang for the buck.
Dd thought the 2020 Xeno feels more heavy. It felt heavy or more end
loaded to me also. The 19 was on sale so it was a win win at the time.

Feb 14, 2020
Any feedback on performance?

my DD cracked her ASA ghost and we can’t return it for warranty until the virus is over since Easton is closed. She got an advanced but seems the exit velocity, even after breaking it in is still 1-2 behind the ASA. Even the cracked Asa returns good speeds but the barrel is cracked. Can only use for drills.

she had a 2019 Xeno in the past and she got good performance from that too. I thought of getting her one since you can’t find the ASA ghosts in 33/23 anymore.

what is everyone’s thoughts??
We have all the bats you mentioned above. Our experience is the Ghost Advanced is the best heavy performing bat period.
Runners-up the 18 Ghost, 20 DS Ghost, 18/19 Xeno. These 3 bats are all pretty equal performance and weight wise. Xeno is better bang for you buck.
I would demo 19 LXT also if you have the opportunity. RXT might be a good option as well.
We have the same issue as you. The 18 ASA Ghost cracked in multiple places. Still performs well in BP. Was always a feast or famine bat. Bombs or Duds no in between. The 2020 Ghosts are much more consistent. Better bats IMO. Sluggers are more reliable and performance is right there with Easton’s best.
To answer your question the 2020 Dual Stamp Ghost or Xeno would both be a good replacement for the 18 Ghost.

May 16, 2016
My 14u DD went from 2019 Xeno 33 -10 to Ghost Advanced 33 -9, and loves it. Hitting ball harder than every. My 12u dd went from 2018 Xeno 32 -10 to Ghost advanced 32 -10, and it took her a while to get used to the new bat. She said the Ghost Advanced felt lighter than the 2018 Xeno, but she has adjusted and is hitting the new Ghost advanced well.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
You actually do
Hi! We actually do have the 2020 Easton Ghost Double Barrel -10 Fastpitch Softball Bat: FP20GH10 in a 33/23 in new and used options

Wow, you actually have it, nooooo, cant be...haha. Sounds like with the slow down in businesses, boss has people pounding the forum pavements for sales now :)

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Maybe the ADV was a tad too heavy for her A4? The ADV could be another half ounce heavier
or a bit more than the 2018 ASA. Just a thought to maybe weigh it.

And just a thought, if you dont like the ADV, the 33/23 is in pretty good demand...im pretty sure
you can get whatever you want in trade...haha.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck