Get the Rear Foot Straight in Stance

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 20, 2017
This seems to be overlooked by so many DDs on DFP. This is about the only thing that I view as an absolute in every stance. It helps with the inward coil. It sets the body up to prevent an overload situation. It helps the back foot anchor. It sets the swing up to be in sequence. It allows FYB. I haven’t seen any HL swings that don’t have the rear foot straight.

Mar 22, 2016
Southern California
This seems to be overlooked by so many DDs on DFP. This is about the only thing that I view as an absolute in every stance. It helps with the inward coil. It sets the body up to prevent an overload situation. It helps the back foot anchor. It sets the swing up to be in sequence. It allows FYB. I haven’t seen any HL swings that don’t have the rear foot straight.

And some with the toes even angled a tad towards pitcher compared to straight at home plate to really help feel that coil.

Aug 2, 2019
Usually that's one of the first things that I look for when DD's swing starts heading south. When that toe is angling back toward the catcher the swing turns into all arms. Somehow she usually pairs that with opening her shoulders. A little pigeon toed, and show the pitcher your pocket fixes a lot of issues.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
The rear foots direction sets the rear legs mobility level. I prefer ‘toe out’ when learning how to get forward. Not an absolute, but a good feel. Teaches how to turn the hips a little easier.

Aug 20, 2017
The rear foots direction sets the rear legs mobility level. I prefer ‘toe out’ when learning how to get forward. Not an absolute, but a good feel. Teaches how to turn the hips a little easier.
If you have “toe out” young hitters will bleed energy through the back foot toward the catcher. Hard for hitters to overcome this. When the back knee sits over the back foot for an extended time, the forward advance will be late and hitters will make compensating moves to be on time (early shoulder rotation)

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
If you have “toe out” young hitters will bleed energy through the back foot toward the catcher. Hard for hitters to overcome this. When the back knee sits over the back foot for an extended time, the forward advance will be late and hitters will make compensating moves to be on time (early shoulder rotation)

you mean like this? I don’t think any energy is leaked . I want foot eversion to be felt when learning. I want players to get to that end ROM. In their hips and back leg. ‘Toe out’ will help all of the above. Not to mention getting into the glutes better. In game maybe a neutral foot is best but it really depends on the players hip mobility imo.

1587662634269.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meeks