Get the Rear Foot Straight in Stance

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 3, 2014
That arm action is not right. The scap has to be set. If the upper arm is externally rotating your scap is all over the place and you will push.

Do this instead. Watch the patch on his arm. Zero ER.

1aWR0X.gif

mIbgj8.gif

eKs4YA.gif

0sXuaE.gif

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Buttermaker,

I see what your saying. I also see the barrel isn’t trapped behind their body at all. They are swinging out from and not trapping the barrel.

Jun 8, 2016
That arm action is not right. The scap has to be set. If the upper arm is externally rotating your scap is all over the place and you will push.

Do this instead. Watch the patch on his arm. Zero ER.
I am assuming you are talking about Tewks...at the beginning that is where he and Rich differed if I remember correctly..I think there is a clip of Chris Colabello which was then compared to Miggy to show the differences

May 3, 2014
I am assuming you are talking about Tewks...at the beginning that is where he and Rich differed if I remember correctly..I think there is a clip of Chris Colabello which was then compared to Miggy to show the differences
Yup.

Jul 29, 2013
A little towards the pitcher I think, unless your seeing or saying something different.
The barrel goes down when he raises his hands. When a force is applied at a point away from the center of gravity of a lever arm(bat), perpendicular to the length of the lever, the result is rotational motion. The side away from the force moves in the opposite direction of the force.
That upward movement of his hands creates torque and the barrel moves downward.
The secret is to let that rotational motion continue into the path of the ball so the early acceleration isn't lost.
The hands would move the handle upward and then backward so the barrel moves downward and then forward.

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
Yes, there is nothing wrong with a straight lead arm. I personally have a similar arm length and shoulder width. Many hitters have a similar length that places the hands right off the back shoulder.

With a straight lead arm, is there any concern that you are already at max length and may have issues getting to an outside pitch?

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
With a straight lead arm, is there any concern that you are already at max length and may have issues getting to an outside pitch?
Outside pitch......do you mean an inside pitch?

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
fetch

How to do this:
- Setup with as much Pigeon-toe as you can handle
- Really get into the ground with inside of the back foot along the padding of the big toe. Really feel the inward pressure
- Now, use your low back, your mid back and most importantly your scap to resist any inward pressure. Feel like your hip is pulling around.
- Now Drive forward while trying to never give up the resistance on the back side.
- You must not slide the hips or shift the weight forward. You want to feel as if your weight is staying stacked over the back side during the stride.

Do this until your head starts to lower automagically. The extreme Pigeon Toe will not let you stride far before the forward momentum is arrested. Do this over and over.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207