Get the Rear Foot Straight in Stance

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
With a straight lead arm, is there any concern that you are already at max length and may have issues getting to an outside pitch?

I’m with RDbass, if you really mean outside pitch the rotational point of the hands is much deeper. The rearward arc is greater. The bat lag position or position of the hands is closer to the back shoulder.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
0plHrvm.gif

Slight adjustment to get to the inside pitch

F5W65DH.gif
Slight adjustment or more too it than an adjustment .
So, 'arm bar is okay and rear foot pointed back towards catcher is okay now.
Not for me but....okay.

Jun 8, 2016
Slight adjustment or more too it than an adjustment .
So, 'arm bar is okay and rear foot pointed back towards catcher is okay now.
Not for me but....okay.
I was just demonstrating somebody who had some arm bar hitting an inside pitch..not advocating for it. Or for rear foot pointed towards the catcher for that matter...to me neutral feels the most comfortable ..if I try and point it either way it feels like I am going to tear something :LOL:

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

I don't think it's correct to say there is more acceleration rearwards. They are both swinging from 12 to 6, making square contact.

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
Outside pitch......do you mean an inside pitch?

I was honestly asking on outside. Never thought of inside but I get it. I would think one would be late to get around on the inside.

I asked about outside as I thought there would be no more room to extend arms to get farther outside. It would take a full body lean to get outside farther. Maybe not.

I just really don’t like arm bar I guess. Just trying to find reasons why that would be a correct thought. Bobby promotes it but I just really can’t see why it’s good. Taking out the slack I get but to get to arm bar it really seems the arm has to pin against the chest to get all slack out.

May 3, 2014
I jumped in the middle when I saw the Tewks video. Back to the OT - having a player turn in the rear foot to isolate the feeling of hip coil can help. But, keeping the foot turned in can lead to early extension/postural issues that will create barrel path issues due to artificially closing the hip joint. All in all there are other physical and anatomical factors to consider with each individual hitters.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
c.king01